Navy-Net Upgrade

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Oct 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Many of you will have no doubt noticed that ARRSE has undergone a spangly upgrade in the last few months which we feel has made it significantly better. As well as being faster, and easier to manage it also offers a load of functionality that isn't currently available on Navy-Net/Rum Ration. This includes search within threads, better thread subscription, groups, calendars, etc.

Our plan is to try and upgrade Navy-Net/Rum Ration over the next week so that you can all enjoy the new features too. Whenever we upgrade the site it is always painful so can I ask that you just bear with us pse!

2. B-C Thanks for that good news, sir.

As a mere ARRSE lurker the changes there seem quite impressive and when similar changes are applied to RR these will indeed enhance this site

Must say that it is damn good of you to use ARRSE as the guinea pig and iron out all their teething problems & bugs before upgrading RR. :wink:

Bob

3. Normally we use Rear Party but thought we'd do it the other way round this time!

4. Cheers Bad CO, you guys don't get a lot of thanks for all your hard work thats goes on in the background that we don't even know about. but I for one appreciate it.

Shippers if you think the CO and MODs do a good job give them your thanks and support here.....

5. Aye. brushteeth

6. Well done. However it'l be funny when some of the less technically able members are blundering around lost on the new website layout :)

7. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Heh, heh. Prepare for PAIN Rum Rationers. This will be long and bloody. :twisted:

Seriously, once you have become used to the new site you should find it much better (if the COs will leave the fecking thing alone for 5 minutes!!! :angel12: )

8. Hope its not to "E-Goat" standard, thats a nightmare :(

9. E-Goat was shockingly bad. Just dont go there. Its traumatic

10. Ah, that'll be me then!! :oops:

Computers - I 'ate 'em! :D

11. Oh fcuk if this site is going under maintaince for a few days that means I will have to actually talk to people at work, I don't really have a clue when it comes to football or reality tv shows.

12. Any chance you can leave the "Last 50 posts" page alone???

I much prefer the format on here than it is on ARRSE since it changed

13. Luddite?

:evil:

14. That's coal isn't it (and I prefer the "last 50" format to the ARRSE system)

15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

[​IMG]

Anthracites.

[​IMG]
    Luddites.

Easy mistake, mind.

16. Does double posting mean a double bite :D :wink:

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Dunno what you're on about :wink:

18. Nicely edited N-S :p

19. The upgrade appears to be a useful mechanism to put people off from posting or easily following a thread. When upgraded I will stop using this site.

A bit of good news for you all, at last.

20. Gayer