Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navy Net asks for your consent to use your personal data to:

mikh

MIA
Ok, every time I open a new page on the site I am getting a popup, as per the below, its a tad annoying! It does not matter if I go in and manage the settings, or if I just click on the consent, it keeps coming back!!!!!

Welcome to Navy Net​

Navy Net asks for your consent to use your personal data to:​

• perm_identity
    Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development
  • devices
    Store and/or access information on a device
expand_more
Learn more
Your personal data will be processed and information from your device (cookies, unique identifiers and other device data) may be stored by, accessed by and shared with third-party vendors, or used specifically by this site or app.
Some vendors may process your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest, which you can object to by managing your options below. You can withdraw your consent at any time by visiting our privacy policy page.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
It happens all the time with me when I log on with my tablet but only the once on my PC at work. I said no to everything on the work PC and it's been fine but it doesn't matter what options I agree or disagree to it keeps happening on the tablet.

Something for @Bad CO or @Good CO to have a look at maybe? I'm not on our sister site so I don't know if it's happening on ARRSE.

mikh

MIA
Just tried it on Arrse, and it only asked me the once, but still getting it every time on here :(

Ballistic

War Hero
It asked me once on my laptop but hasn't come back since.

Took about 5 - 10 minutes to 'untick' everything because there was no 'de-select all' button.

guns1969

War Hero
My Gmail app just vanished.
I didn't uninstall it.
All stations check your settings.
Reinstalled Gmail just now but all other email addresses associated with the app have disappeared.
Have I just bolloxed myself by letting that notification in?
I have problems with this as well and I'm also concerned with the security aspect. Is this thing safe ?
Don't know about other people, but the only way I could get rid of the fcuking pop up was to accept the thing.
Has anyone got a solution to this problem ?

Good CO

Admin
Hi all, I'm sorry that you've had problems with this. It is unfortunately a fact of life. If we don't have this bullshit then the adverts will be removed by Google next month, and if we don't have the adverts then the site is unlikely to survive unless an alternative income source is available. My point here is please bear with it.

There have also been problems on ARRSE and two posts in particular have helped:

Regarding safety, yes it is safe. It's from Google and seems to be the only realistic means for small sites like us to comply with the cookie law requirements, while placing advertising. Setting this thing up from scratch without the Google one is a nightmare that I wasted a lot of time on, and ultimately failed.

Privacy policy is here https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/pages/privacy/

Last edited:

mikh

MIA
Found it eventually, had to go through a few different menu's to get there though, feck knows what they can see, but at least no more pop ups

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
Good CO All New Navy Net 2018 - Upgrade Ongoing Site Issues 58
N Medals On Navy Net!? Site Issues 13
Good CO The all-new Navy Net Site Issues 60
BillyNoMates *The Navy-Net Awards 2013* Diamond Lil's 24
Bad CO Navy-Net Newsletter Site Issues 9
Ninja_Stoker Navy Net links not working Site Issues 3
Ageing_Gracefully Problems loading Navy Net Site Issues 48
Bad CO Navy-Net Upgrade Site Issues 91
soleil WalesOnline: "Net Consulting Wins Royal Navy IT Contract" The Fleet 0
Good_CO Navy-Net / Marines-Net / Login / Logout / Shake it all about Site Issues 1
Good_CO Problems Staying Logged in and the Navy-Net URL Site Issues 6
AccessHeritage Royal Navy's Use of The Infernal Machine History 19
MoD_RSS Royal Navy warship sails into Arctic Circle for High North operation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Royal Navy concludes first joint exercises with Egypt MoD News 0
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
higthepig Navy news October 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seizes over 450kg in the largest methamphetamine drug bust in the Middle East MoD News 0
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy: 215th Anniversary Of The Battle Of Trafalgar History 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity - Hosting Your Own Trafalgar Night/Pickle Night Dinner History 2
soleil Express: "Submarine Sparks Panic In Scotland As Onlookers Mistake Royal Navy Exercise For Fire" Submariners 2
sampost Jubilee Sailing Trust announces pioneering collaboration with the Royal Navy Sports and Adventure Training 2
soleil Royal Navy Recipients In The Queen's Birthday Honours List 2020 Current Affairs 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity: World Uckers Championship 2020 The Fleet 1
soleil The Times: "Life On The Ocean Wave: The Royal Navy Photographic Awards" The Fleet 1
soleil BBC: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: On board The Royal Navy's New Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seize £160 million worth of drugs in the Caribbean MoD News 1
higthepig Navy news September 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
soleil NWE Mail: "Barrow Built Submarine Becomes Inaugural Winner Of A New Royal Navy Commendation" Submariners 2
soleil New Badge For Trainee Royal Navy Submariners Submariners 18
M Royal Navy interviews Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Royal Navy Handymen The Fleet 21
B how to find service number royal navy Site Issues 7
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
H Royal Navy Push up standards Joining the Royal Navy 5
J Navy or RAF Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 8
soleil FB: NAVYFit - Squash - 1SL v The Chief Of The Australian Navy Sports and Adventure Training 1
higthepig Navy news August 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
S Transfer from Army to Navy Joining the Royal Navy 13
D Both parents in the Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 1
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy - On This Day - Sir Thomas Sean Connery Was Born History 3
MoD_RSS DIO completes state-of-the-art gym for Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK launches multinational training to enhance Ukrainian Navy against threats from the East MoD News 0
soleil Somerset Live: Royal Navy 'Legend' Still Flying After 50 Years And 9,200 Hours In The Air The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil FB: Navy Wings: 'The Wrong Sort Of Air' ……......…..... The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil Dorset Echo: "‘Does Anyone Know My Old Navy Friend?" The Quarterdeck 4
T Navy Entry Date Marine Engineer Joining the Royal Navy 4
T Application process-Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 8
T Fitness Test Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 15
T Commissioning from army to navy (hopefully) UPO/Careers Office 24