Navy Medical

Hi everybody, new to the forum, so if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it.

I have been given a date for my initial Navy interview and medical, within the last 2 years I have been bodybuilding at a competetive level and have used performance enhancing drugs. My question is, if some of the performance enhancing drugs were still in my system would this stop my entry?

I have regular blood tests done before and after past courses and lead a very healthy lifestyle, and do not want to get into the typical debate of 'Are steroids wrong?' so I would appreciate on topic answers to my question.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

StephenR

A

angrydoc

Steroid use for bodybuilding is illegal - they are Class C drugs. As such, their use is not permitted in the Armed Forces. Random compulsory drug testing (CDT) occurs and tests for a wide array of drugs, including steroids.

What you have done as a civilian has been done - as long as you stop using illegal drugs (in your case, steroids) then you will be ok.

Thanks for the quick reply. So is it tested for in the initial medical? Or do the tests you are talking about only occur after a successful interview?

Thanks