navy medical

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by musiciengrande, Jul 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My friend wants to join the navy but im worried she may fail the medical..she was involved in a road traffic accident 2yrs ago breaking her collar bone and pelvis........both of which lock up occassionly...what are her chances????
  2. Hi!

I'm sure that experts like Supermario, Ninja Stoker and Angry Doc (plus others) will be online over the weekend and will give you the info you need.
  3. It's hard to say anything too specific without all the info but, if she still has problems this far down the line, then I'm afraid her chances are slim.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As Angrydoc has stated, the chances do look rather slim and the only way your friend is going to find out categorically is to speak with the medical examiner at the local AFCO (link below). Obviously it would speed up the process if a copy of the relevant medical notes (from the GP or Hospital) were taken.

Whilst in no way wishing to raise false hopes, it may be worth at least asking the question, if only to be certain.
  5. thanks have rather echoed my own concerns...many thanks for the prompt replies