Navy may win at Twickers next year

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by SimpleReservist, Sep 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 6/15 =/= half a rugby team ;)
  2. ATG, my bad, for the millionth time, I've told you, stop exaggerating.
  3. Most of the Army rugby team will be finishing their pre-season training with the professional clubs they play for
  4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

BQ, are you attending the LDH this Saturday?
  5. Sorry mate, it clashes with my motorcycle club's summer rally, where I'm needed behind the bar to serve cheap beer to 200+ bikers all weekend
    Have a good day and COME ON YOU QUINS!!!!
  6. tiddlyoggy

Difficult call to make either way I reckon. The new scrum laws are going have a huge impact. COYW!
  7. At least hookers will have to hook!
  8. tiddlyoggy

Well not necessarily, they can just choose to drive in the hope of pushing the oppo hooker off the ball. I do hope it will make the scrum more interesting though and reduce the endless stream of resets, penalties, free kicks and referee guess work. My nieces hubby is a kiwi, he is hating the new laws so far in the games he has seen down under this season.
  9. Allez, allez, allez.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Having seen some of our (LW) pre-season friendlies I think the new scrum law is going to be, er, interesting.... HST, much as I don't like either of them a mate has offered free corporate hospitality this weekend so I'm off to Glaws-Sale to see how it beds in in the prem. Will be avoiding the Championship Double Header gimmick like the plague next weekend.
  11. tiddlyoggy

The most vocal critic of the new laws at the moment seems to be surprise there then!
  12. tiddlyoggy

I know what you mean kinross, about LDH being gimmicky, but I must confess, I do like it. It is a bit of a unique day IMO. The only thing I don't like is that Wasps always play it as a home fixture, which is rather annoying.
  13. But then there was aways that option before referees started turning a blind eye to feeding. Eight man shove didnt always work. I guess it depends on how dominent your scrum is.

I agree with you with regard resets. So fustrating and just amunition for the countrys that rely more on the backs than the forwards (set piece)

NZ did very well at the scrum. They seem to have their technique sorted already
  14. The London Double Header is ok, it's the new Championship Double Header which is lunacy - a 13th match which does count towards league points and seems weighted to hold back the top and bottom clubs while letting mid table dark horses through. By way of illustration, this means we're playing Bedford 3 times, while outsiders-for-doing-very-well Scottish get to play Ealing 3 times....

As if we didn't have enough on our hands trying to bed in in Oxford without that sort of distraction.
  15. tiddlyoggy

Ah sorry Kinross, I didn't get you. Yes I agree it sounds like nothing other than a money spinner. Dapper, yes, all dependent on dominant scrums before (look at Tiger's penalty count from scrums), but I believe that was more to do with the hit than actual scrummaging. Personally if it's refereed properly I don't think the scrum will be depowered or devalued by the law changes.
  16. I only go for the piss up anyway!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Kinross. Unfortunately I shall not be at the home of West Country Rugby to cheer on Glawwwwwwwwwwwwwster this weekend, RNR weekend. :-(