Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navy may win at Twickers next year

BusterQuin

War Hero
Most of the Army rugby team will be finishing their pre-season training with the professional clubs they play for

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Difficult call to make either way I reckon. The new scrum laws are going have a huge impact. COYW!

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Well not necessarily, they can just choose to drive in the hope of pushing the oppo hooker off the ball. I do hope it will make the scrum more interesting though and reduce the endless stream of resets, penalties, free kicks and referee guess work. My nieces hubby is a kiwi, he is hating the new laws so far in the games he has seen down under this season.

Well not necessarily, they can just choose to drive in the hope of pushing the oppo hooker off the ball. I do hope it will make the scrum more interesting though and reduce the endless stream of resets, penalties, free kicks and referee guess work. My nieces hubby is a kiwi, he is hating the new laws so far in the games he has seen down under this season.

Having seen some of our (LW) pre-season friendlies I think the new scrum law is going to be, er, interesting.... HST, much as I don't like either of them a mate has offered free corporate hospitality this weekend so I'm off to Glaws-Sale to see how it beds in in the prem. Will be avoiding the Championship Double Header gimmick like the plague next weekend.

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The most vocal critic of the new laws at the moment seems to be Cockerill.........no surprise there then!

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I know what you mean kinross, about LDH being gimmicky, but I must confess, I do like it. It is a bit of a unique day IMO. The only thing I don't like is that Wasps always play it as a home fixture, which is rather annoying.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer

But then there was aways that option before referees started turning a blind eye to feeding. Eight man shove didnt always work. I guess it depends on how dominent your scrum is.

I agree with you with regard resets. So fustrating and just amunition for the countrys that rely more on the backs than the forwards (set piece)

NZ did very well at the scrum. They seem to have their technique sorted already

I know what you mean kinross, about LDH being gimmicky, but I must confess, I do like it. It is a bit of a unique day IMO. The only thing I don't like is that Wasps always play it as a home fixture, which is rather annoying.

The London Double Header is ok, it's the new Championship Double Header which is lunacy - a 13th match which does count towards league points and seems weighted to hold back the top and bottom clubs while letting mid table dark horses through. By way of illustration, this means we're playing Bedford 3 times, while outsiders-for-doing-very-well Scottish get to play Ealing 3 times....

As if we didn't have enough on our hands trying to bed in in Oxford without that sort of distraction.

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Ah sorry Kinross, I didn't get you. Yes I agree it sounds like nothing other than a money spinner. Dapper, yes, all dependent on dominant scrums before (look at Tiger's penalty count from scrums), but I believe that was more to do with the hit than actual scrummaging. Personally if it's refereed properly I don't think the scrum will be depowered or devalued by the law changes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
higthepig Navy news May 2020 The Quarterdeck 1
soleil Army v Navy Rugby Match, May 2nd 2020, Cancellation Sports and Adventure Training 0
higthepig Navy news May 2019 The Quarterdeck 5
higthepig Navy news May 2018 The Quarterdeck 0
soleil Extra Seats Made Available For Army Navy Match On May 5th 2018 Sports and Adventure Training 0
higthepig Navy news May 2017......... The Quarterdeck 0
higthepig Navy news May 2016 Current Affairs 0
S Army Navy Sat 3rd May Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
soleil Scotsman: "600 Royal Navy Personnel May Be Stationed At Rosyth " Bases / Shore Est 1
soleil Scilly Today: "Islands May Get Official Navy Visit This Summer" The Fleet 2
soleil The Week: "If Spain's Banks Collapse, UK May Send In Navy To Save Ex-Pats" Current Affairs 51
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp navy-medic-may-face-10year-sentence Current Affairs 33
Naval_Gazer Portsmouth News - Navy team in Iraq set to leave by May 2011 Current Affairs 0
soleil Navy News - May 2009 Edition Online Current Affairs 0
5dits Royal Navy warships may form part of EU fleet Current Affairs 32
5dits Indian navy may buy ex USS Kitty Hawk Current Affairs 5
Asst_Ed May Navy News free Current Affairs 13
golden_rivet RUSI event on Royal Canadian Navy - 4th May History 6
M Questions regarding the Royal Navy Medical Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Blue_Water_Jack Navy News December 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS Statutory Instrument on Royal Navy Police enforcement powers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Red letter day for Royal Navy in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy warships monitor significant Russian presence close to UK waters MoD News 0
J Navy Lies The Quarterdeck 21
higthepig Navy news November 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS World-class autonomous minehunters to protect Royal Navy MoD News 1
AccessHeritage Royal Navy's Use of The Infernal Machine History 19
MoD_RSS Royal Navy warship sails into Arctic Circle for High North operation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Royal Navy concludes first joint exercises with Egypt MoD News 0
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
higthepig Navy news October 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
mikh Navy Net asks for your consent to use your personal data to: Bloody Computers 9
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seizes over 450kg in the largest methamphetamine drug bust in the Middle East MoD News 0
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy: 215th Anniversary Of The Battle Of Trafalgar History 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity - Hosting Your Own Trafalgar Night/Pickle Night Dinner History 2
soleil Express: "Submarine Sparks Panic In Scotland As Onlookers Mistake Royal Navy Exercise For Fire" Submariners 2
sampost Jubilee Sailing Trust announces pioneering collaboration with the Royal Navy Sports and Adventure Training 2
soleil Royal Navy Recipients In The Queen's Birthday Honours List 2020 Current Affairs 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity: World Uckers Championship 2020 The Fleet 1
soleil The Times: "Life On The Ocean Wave: The Royal Navy Photographic Awards" The Fleet 1
soleil BBC: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: On board The Royal Navy's New Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seize £160 million worth of drugs in the Caribbean MoD News 1
higthepig Navy news September 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
soleil NWE Mail: "Barrow Built Submarine Becomes Inaugural Winner Of A New Royal Navy Commendation" Submariners 2
soleil New Badge For Trainee Royal Navy Submariners Submariners 18
M Royal Navy interviews Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Royal Navy Handymen The Fleet 21
B how to find service number royal navy Site Issues 7
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
H Royal Navy Push up standards Joining the Royal Navy 5