Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navy man's drink-drive ban

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Who does he go in front of for consequentials? Reading the article I see the self indulgent twonk Critchley has to get his free publicity in

finknottle

Banned
Well done MOD Plod or whatever they call themselves these days, they stopped him before he killed some innocent person and as stated by my learned colleague he now has a criminal record and should be thrown out without pension.

I wonder if when he was stopped at the gate did he say, ‘Do you know who I am’?

D

Deleted 493

sgtpepperband said:
Pompey News said:
A senior naval officer was caught drink-driving after a Navy dinner in Portsmouth... [Full Story]

Shame. Cdre KW is a good feller as a Naval Officer. Irresponsible and careless as this was, it's very much out of character. I served with him as my CO some years ago and he was excellent. Hope this is a minor blip for him.

levers

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
This would have been First's leaving dinner I imagine.

I too have served with him on a number of occasions and he is a very good bloke and a very shrewd operator.

However............

IDOITDEEPER said:
finknottle said:
I wonder if when he was stopped at the gate did he say, ‘Do you know who I am’?

Does the bear shit in the woods?

Have a nice day
IDOITDEEPER

Your nasty prejudice is only exceeded by your ignorance. I seriously doubt he would have said anything of the sort.

chockhead819 said:
Remember at Yeovil, a harrier pilot was grassed to the Plod for Drink/driving.

The staff at the Dolphin in Ilchester used to grass on anyone who drove back to base crappers.

Loads of people came a cropper thanks to them.

Drakey

War Hero
WreckerL said:
Who does he go in front of for consequentials? Reading the article I see the self indulgent twonk Critchley has to get his free publicity in

Don't you mean Service Penalties, or whatever they are calling them this week.

My, we are a bunch of sanctimonious buggers aren’t we. And in many cases, the broad pennant clearly heightens the glee. Interesting to see that mind engineering and behavioural conditioning has been so successful.

Passed-over_Loggie said:
My, we are a bunch of sanctimonious buggers aren’t we. And in many cases, the broad pennant clearly heightens the glee. Interesting to see that mind engineering and behavioural conditioning has been so successful.

No mind engineering or behavioural conditioning involved unless you mean some posters' automatic aversion to senior officers. I just dislike people casually slinging mud at a decent person on the basis of their rank (any rank), especially in CA. His achievements (link) alone deserve better and I wonder how they compare with those of his detractors. I also happen to have known him for the past 30 years.

(Edited to apologise to POL and admit I was 180 deg out in my interpretation of his target. The rest of my post still stands.)

Naval_Gazer. I’m not sure you read what I wrote. I have every sympathy with Cdre Winstanley and find distasteful some of the, as I said, glee being displayed here. Inevitably, he will now have achieved leper status in our new prim and proper world. I do not personally know the man but that doesn’t matter. If I ever had the opportunity of standing him a wet, I would gladly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rover SAS snubbed as defence chiefs appoint Navy man as Britain's anti-terror chief The Corps 14
O Former Royal Navy man jailed for Helensburgh child rape Submariners 6
soleil Herald: "Navy Man Ian's Commendation From Fleet Commander" The Fleet 0
soleil Falmouth Packet: "Mawnan Man Wins Royal Navy Sports Personality Of The Year Award" Sports and Adventure Training 0
soleil Wiltshire Times: "Navy Man Gives Bounty To Trowbridge Cadets" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 12
soleil Telegraph: "Navy 'Running Out Of Sailors To Man Submarines’" Submariners 19
soleil Lennox Herald: "Jamestown Man Travels The World As Royal Navy Photographer" The Fleet 0
soleil Navy News: "Action-Man Bear Zips Into Calliope With Olympic Torch" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
soleil isleofman.com: "Royal Navy Looks To Isle Of Man For Inspiration" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Fastest man in Africa joins the Navy Current Affairs 3
MoD_RSS Navy Search and Rescue man is finalist in Our Heroes awards Current Affairs 3
MoD_RSS Prince honours Navy man for sea rescue Current Affairs 3
soleil N/News: "One Small Step For Man, One MASF Leap For The Navy" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Jewish Chronicle: "Jewish Man Becomes Royal Navy Admiral" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 24
soleil Hereford Times: "Gay surname change before man joins Navy" Current Affairs 30
soleil "Luton man is top Navy recruit " The Quarterdeck 4
sgtpepperband Navy man who survived crash died from rare complicaton Current Affairs 6
S Best Top Man - Royal Navy The Fleet 75
S Best Top Man? Royal Navy Diamond Lil's 4
mikh Navy Net asks for your consent to use your personal data to: Bloody Computers 10
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seizes over 450kg in the largest methamphetamine drug bust in the Middle East MoD News 0
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy: 215th Anniversary Of The Battle Of Trafalgar History 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity - Hosting Your Own Trafalgar Night/Pickle Night Dinner History 2
soleil Express: "Submarine Sparks Panic In Scotland As Onlookers Mistake Royal Navy Exercise For Fire" Submariners 2
sampost Jubilee Sailing Trust announces pioneering collaboration with the Royal Navy Sports and Adventure Training 2
soleil Royal Navy Recipients In The Queen's Birthday Honours List 2020 Current Affairs 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity: World Uckers Championship 2020 The Fleet 1
soleil The Times: "Life On The Ocean Wave: The Royal Navy Photographic Awards" The Fleet 1
soleil BBC: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: On board The Royal Navy's New Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seize £160 million worth of drugs in the Caribbean MoD News 1
higthepig Navy news September 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
soleil NWE Mail: "Barrow Built Submarine Becomes Inaugural Winner Of A New Royal Navy Commendation" Submariners 2
soleil New Badge For Trainee Royal Navy Submariners Submariners 18
M Royal Navy interviews Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Royal Navy Handymen The Fleet 21
B how to find service number royal navy Site Issues 7
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
H Royal Navy Push up standards Joining the Royal Navy 5
J Navy or RAF Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 8
soleil FB: NAVYFit - Squash - 1SL v The Chief Of The Australian Navy Sports and Adventure Training 1
higthepig Navy news August 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
S Transfer from Army to Navy Joining the Royal Navy 8
D Both parents in the Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 1
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy - On This Day - Sir Thomas Sean Connery Was Born History 2
MoD_RSS DIO completes state-of-the-art gym for Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK launches multinational training to enhance Ukrainian Navy against threats from the East MoD News 0
soleil Somerset Live: Royal Navy 'Legend' Still Flying After 50 Years And 9,200 Hours In The Air The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil FB: Navy Wings: 'The Wrong Sort Of Air' ……......…..... The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil Dorset Echo: "‘Does Anyone Know My Old Navy Friend?" The Quarterdeck 4
T Navy Entry Date Marine Engineer Joining the Royal Navy 4