Navy man's drink-drive ban

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sgtpepperband, Jul 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I don't think he'll be catching the bus. :roll:

3. Who does he go in front of for consequentials? Reading the article I see the self indulgent twonk Critchley has to get his free publicity in

4. consequential's?

Go SPB I dare you!

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"Double his pay and give him a Make 'n' Mend... NEXT!" 8O :oops: :twisted:

6. Good old reliable MoD plod

7. What a f*ckin knob.

8. Discharge him he is now a criminal like the rest if the skanks

9. That will be another black Passat spoken for then…

10. Well done MOD Plod or whatever they call themselves these days, they stopped him before he killed some innocent person and as stated by my learned colleague he now has a criminal record and should be thrown out without pension.

I wonder if when he was stopped at the gate did he say, ‘Do you know who I am’?

11. Does the bear shit in the woods?

Have a nice day
    IDOITDEEPER

12. Remember at Yeovil, a harrier pilot was grassed to the Plod for Drink/driving.

13. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Shame. Cdre KW is a good feller as a Naval Officer. Irresponsible and careless as this was, it's very much out of character. I served with him as my CO some years ago and he was excellent. Hope this is a minor blip for him.

levers

14. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This would have been First's leaving dinner I imagine.

I too have served with him on a number of occasions and he is a very good bloke and a very shrewd operator.

However............

15. Your nasty prejudice is only exceeded by your ignorance. I seriously doubt he would have said anything of the sort.

16. The staff at the Dolphin in Ilchester used to grass on anyone who drove back to base crappers.

Loads of people came a cropper thanks to them.

17. Don't you mean Service Penalties, or whatever they are calling them this week.

18. My, we are a bunch of sanctimonious buggers aren’t we. And in many cases, the broad pennant clearly heightens the glee. Interesting to see that mind engineering and behavioural conditioning has been so successful.

19. No mind engineering or behavioural conditioning involved unless you mean some posters' automatic aversion to senior officers. I just dislike people casually slinging mud at a decent person on the basis of their rank (any rank), especially in CA. His achievements (link) alone deserve better and I wonder how they compare with those of his detractors. I also happen to have known him for the past 30 years.

(Edited to apologise to POL and admit I was 180 deg out in my interpretation of his target. The rest of my post still stands.)

20. Naval_Gazer. I’m not sure you read what I wrote. I have every sympathy with Cdre Winstanley and find distasteful some of the, as I said, glee being displayed here. Inevitably, he will now have achieved leper status in our new prim and proper world. I do not personally know the man but that doesn’t matter. If I ever had the opportunity of standing him a wet, I would gladly.