Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Although this is aimed at Navy ladies, I would appreciate feedback from any of you. I have a small business making nautical inspired jewellery. I came across these lovely little charms the other day and have put a prototype design together and just wanted to know what you thought.

The cord can be any colour you choose, and any length you want as each piece is handmade.

Thank you for your time

Sue

www.knoticalbutnice.co.uk

Attached Files:

2. The Yanks love this stuff, not sure you'll get many takers from Rowner estate :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Diversify and do it for all three services.
    More punters = hopefully more business.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If I bought that as a present for my missus I'd be quite lame for at least a week.

She has made it very clear she is not married to the Navy and regularly punches me at the merest utterance of an "Oooh Arrrghhh".

• Like Like x 1
  5. Try popping it on Instagram with a related hashtag, always plenty of other halves many who post photos of similar looking stuff- so they might like it :)

6. I'm not sure what message "Navy Wife" is meant to convey a) I'm available hubby's at sea, b)Speak to me slowly, or more likely c) Keep away or you'll half the fleet on your case.

7. Isn't the Navy more 'Yarrrrr'? 'Oooh Arrrghhh' sounds more West Country farmer I think... ;)

8. Ninja_Stoker

That it be.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Can you do one with OMO on it, will go down a storm on most married patches :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Would that be with a red surrounding?:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Either way, I'd advise any prospective buyers to file-off any sharp edges (burrs in mechanical parlance) on the nautical inspired jewellery depicted in post#1 to make extraction less traumatic. Just in case.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. It'll still hurt, those anchor flukes don't look too bendy!!

• Funny Funny x 1