Navy habits

So I just spoke to an ex Navy engineer and he recommended me to getting into the pattern of sleeping at 2am and waking up at 6am every day, just wondering if anyone else recommends this (I'm 16 not sure if that's healthy for my body or not) but if it's a good idea I'll start doing it I don't mind just making sure it won't ruin my body in a bad way.
Thank you!

So I just spoke to an ex Navy engineer and he recommended me to getting into the pattern of sleeping at 2am and waking up at 6am every day, just wondering if anyone else recommends this (I'm 16 not sure if that's healthy for my body or not) but if it's a good idea I'll start doing it I don't mind just making sure it won't ruin my body in a bad way.
Thank you!
You're the victim of black humour/a wind up/a piss take*

*delete as applicable

Thanks for the replies, can anyone recommend a sensible sleep pattern that is close to what I'll be doing in the Navy ?
The easy answer is no. Firstly it depends on what branch you are in. Then it depends where you are/ what day of the week it is/ what watch you are keeping and so on. There are too many variables to give you a definitive answer.
Edited to add. It's really not something you should be worrying about.

The easy answer is no. Firstly it depends on what branch you are in. Then it depends where you are/ what day of the week it is/ what watch you are keeping and so on. There are too many variables to give you a definitive answer.
Edited to add. It's really not something you should be worrying about.
Alright that makes more sense, thank you.

Thanks for the replies, can anyone recommend a sensible sleep pattern that is close to what I'll be doing in the Navy ?
Wait until you fall asleep, get everyone that lives in your house to open every cupboard door and close it whilst simultaneously switching the lights off and on. Meanwhile let everyone shout at the top of their voices about how you are trying to get some sleep. Then when you do fall asleep, get your Mum to wake you up to go and clean the landing as your siblings are out manning the garden gate (in case anyone tries to break in).

Thank you!
If you are prepping for Raleigh, get used to lights out at 2230 and 0545 starts.

Get someone to wake you up about 0245 by shining a torch in your eyes, only to hear them say, "Sorry mate, wrong pit..." ;)

Seriously, don't worry about it.
It'll all fall into place :)

Join first, your sleep patterns will be dictated by your working patterns. Whatever they may be!!!! Life in the RN is changeable - very changeable so don't sweat it!!

Rule One. Don't listen to well meaning mates!! Jack by nature is a piss taking unit who will grab any opportunity to practice their piss taking skills.
Sadly - you fell for one!!!

Join first, your sleep patterns will be dictated by your working patterns. Whatever they may be!!!! Life in the RN is changeable - very changeable so don't sweat it!!

Rule One. Don't listen to well meaning mates!! Jack by nature is a piss taking unit who will grab any opportunity to practice their piss taking skills.
Sadly - you fell for one!!!
Ahhh understood, thank you!

Learn to sleep where and when you can, there is no need to miss out on ZZZ, but refrain from falling asleep in the scran cue, your ops will just walk past you and in no time, you will be at the back. On parade is good, as someone will always shout at you just before they want you to do anything?
Remember when you have kids of your own, volunteer for sea, to get some sleep, worked for me.

As a Wafu I never slept, those grey messengers of death didn't fix themselves........ standby for incoming :)
Your on own with this one JFH. I managed loads of Zzzzzz's.
The good book of Mil Flying Regs said. "All aircrew are to get 8 hours sleep a day. So I figured if I can grab some night Zee's too that was ok by me!!!!