Navy girl gets her kit off.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Mar 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

2. Shocking!

i have known Nicky for years. Mr Branson hang your head in shame!!

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Still doesn't explain why a 32 year old senior rate took her story to the Daily Mail, particularly when she knows the service policy with regard travelling in uniform.

Guaranteed she's angling for a free holiday to assuage her angst after all this trauma, poor lass.

FFS, Daily Mail? Tell her to 'do one' Sir Richard.

4. Why? It's NOT Virgin policy.

This reeks of big timing and attention seeking.

5. Yep..seems kinda strange she'd want to travel in her work kit...what's she going to change into when she gets to base...Primark leggings and a hoody?

Attention seeking tosser !!

6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

They went to the Mail because they know that no one, apart from me, on RR reads it, so they wouldn't get outed.

It does puzzle me how so many articles from a publication that no one reads, appear on the site.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Maybe Blobbs is a closet Daily Mail reader?

Shall I ban him?

• Like Like x 1
  8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Bloody hell Nina, you are up earlier, just had the Pidgeon Fanciers News come the the letterbox with the Daily Sport?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I dont think its just about respect, when i flew to america a few years back there were some guys in uniform, my second thought was ahhh theyve asked the military to board the flight so they must forsee a problem!

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Yep I read the mail occasionally. Hell, I've been married for so long somethings got to get the blood pumping. :)

11. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Apart from the lack of professionalism shown by the security guy, this is a non-story.

12. Why isn't she allowed to wear her uniform (why would she want to?) but gets told to wear VC uniform, surely more offensive to people traveling to the USA? :)

G4S making rules up to suit himself, wouldn't be an ex crusher per chance?

All thats missing from the hate mail article is that the G4S guy was Muslim, even if he wasn't they could have at least planted a seed of doubt amongst their readers.

13. Mr GS has flown to and from the States with Virgin in uniform frequently and had no problems (other than being mistaken for a pilot). Non story.

14. Any pics of the Virgin in uniform?

2BM

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

CS95 is hardly uniform for a trooping flight to a benign destination let alone dress for a civil flight. I wouldn't travel in Pusser's overalls, steaming cap and steaming bats so wtf is a 'you can't see me suit' all about. Airline cabins are tree free zones and one would hope, combat free zones.

Arguably, she was not travelling in the uniform of the Service. If she'd travelled in Nos 1s and been 'dissed' I may consider driving the bus for Mail readers and those that way inclined. As it is, it is well overdue for an MOT.

Agree with those who say, 'big timing'.

16. Mod edit; careful about what kind of shit you sling at the lass. 'It was in Diamond Lil's' is not a defence.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
  17. From the pic she looks like she's into big timing, wearing oakley wrap arounds and posing with a rifle.

18. Ninja_Stoker

Bottom line is there is no justification to wear any uniform, let alone a combat uniform traveling from London to Los Angeles from granddad's funeral as neither is an operational combat zone.

There are enough genuine injustices dished out to service personnel without some idiot bleating to the press about trivia such as this.

Pathetic.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Bang on.

She was probably angling for an upgrade using the flawed 'but I'm in the Forces' logic and judging by the article, still is.

20. Seems to me someone may have been angling for a free upgrade...