NAVY FIELD

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blood, May 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Found Navy Field on the internet, really enjoying the game. Anyone got any top tips for this?

2. Eh?

Wassat then?

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Post link?

4. So far I take it i might be the only one. I do recommend it.
    Navy Field is a free internet strategy game that focuses on the naval battles of WWII, that you download free from the internet. I discovered it after an oppo told me about it. Well worth a look, driving your Ship (changing your Ship as your experience grows etc) about and destroying other players online.

www.navyfield.com

5. ooh ta, i'll give it a go :)

6. so lamri, how did it go? I take from the lack of responses that Im the only one.

7. Not tried it yet mate, got three trojans and a bloody mess-deck full of spyware to sort out :(
    Seems the bastards got through AVG and ZoneAlarms firewall :twisted:

8. Sh*t I sympathise. Good luck with what ever is left of your system.

9. Im gonna be on there my nickname will be Chicogiz if not i will tell you what it is on here it looks like a good game thats if my comp downloads it i cant do it yet because im at work.

10. I've tried downloading but it never gets more than about 17% and then it throws a wobbly. I'll stick to Americas Army in the meantime which is an excellent free game.

11. Thats ashame Gunz, now have several friends who have downloaded it successfully, dont know what to say, there are two alternative download sites, have you tried both?
    Hey Chicogiz, its cracking, build up your levels and get better ships and sailors. Once your finally up and running, I'll look you up.

12. I succesfully downloaded the game (three hours on 2.2MG Broadband), but it wouldn't run once I had. Lots of error messages all over the place. Posted a thread on their forum for some help and guidence but none was forthcoming, so....I deleted it!

Actually, a bimble through their forum showed that there are all sorts of problems with the game, it almost looks like a BETA version from all the snags people were getting.

Shame really, as I was looking forward to blowing some Krauts out of the water

13. They have developed a patch to deal with most problems. But it is server based and there are inherent problems, but honestly Ive had no problems (so far).

14. Ah yes, the elusive patch. Looked for a link to it everywhere on the site, but to no avail. Saw it mentioned in several places on the forums, but no actual link

15. Just downloading the game now myself, and seen the patch download in the game download section. :thumright:

16. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

How did you get on with it LS?

17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Any more comments on this one?

18. av started am playing but av ran outer cash an dont know how 2 get more

help plz

19. i played it for a while some time ago. was quite fun but i moved on.

20. I shall continue with Harpoon Commanders Edition.They have just had an upgrade and now you are able to refight virtually modern naval conflict on the globe!!!!