Navy drug busts are sunk

By TOM NEWTON DUNN
Defence Editor

THE Royal Navy is being forced to stop drug-busting for nine months of the year because of cutbacks.
Recent raids have prevented cocaine worth more than £½billion from reaching British and American streets.

But after seven frigates and destroyers were axed, admirals have decided they can no longer spare a full-time presence in the US-led Caribbean operation.

From now on Britain will have a warship in the area for just three months annually, during the July to September hurricane season.
Source That 'Newspaper'

When will they ever learn, a high profile task that was working and the Pollies still keep reducing the Navy's assets.

They are spread so thin now, I guess it will not be the last either.

Seadog

War Hero
I'm sure that this was news (not good) when HMS Cumberland came home last year after a bust and the old man was interviewed. One RFA was to remain on station and equipped with the necessary detachment of helo and RM or USCG to do the actual interdiction, it could do the job.

Doesn't make it right.

Rincewind

Lantern Swinger
Its stupid - the end result will be in 3 months time there will be a new influx of unchallenged drugs landing on our shores.. then they will plough money into the police force to combat this cack.... seems to me like if they dont give the money to the RN they will have to give the same money to the police force

Rincewind