Navy destroyer linked to Cardiff

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, May 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I agree Cardif is a good run, or certainly was, I did the first SSN visit to Cardif back in the dark ages.

2. I was onboard HMS Cardiff (Type 42) for her first visit to the city of Cardiff in 1980. Great run ashore, great people and a great city. Even better now it's all been done up so I'm told!

3. Joined it there as a civie to carry out Phalanx sea trials. Unfortunately they were cancelled so I got returned to Bracknell and missed the run ashore.

4. Will each crew member get an IPod?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Well one would hope so, old chap, but with GPS "fitted-for-but-not-with".

Oh how I love the technical jargon for "We ain't got the money". 8)

6. Was that Warspite back in the early 1970s?I was a small lad then queuing up on the dockside for a visit.

7. Visited Cardiff on CONQUEROR in 72, and on VALIANT 77. Brilliant run, one of the best UK visits

8. lol.....we've had a few pusser's grey in Bristol Docks recently... I know there's been a few sea dits spun about thier runs ashore :D :D ..... I've seen some of the aftermath so I know it's not all B/S, what with all the clubs/pubs alongside the quayside it'd be rude not to :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Great run Bristol, off the gangway, across the road and straight into the back door of the Pub. any time of the day, lots of good looking female students as well. Three A boats tied up right in the City centre, would it have been somewhere near a statue of Neptune Jesse?

10. the statue, pubs and student girlies are all still there:lol:

11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

This was in '64 so hopefully they wouldn't be the same student girlies 8O