Navy Days

Evening All!

Been an avid reader of this site since its inception, and i thought it time i got a bit more involved, so to speak...

Can anyone tell me if "Navy Days" still happen? or are any plannned for the next couple of years?
I also read in a book recently about individual "open days" or "ships visits"... how does an individual find out about these, and get a ticket?

Hope you can help!

Welcome to the site tootired.

I believe the Iranian Revolutionary Guard has the largest collection of RN equipment available for viewing.

Hope this helps. :thumright:

It's normally around the August Bank Holiday, and should be in Portsmouth this year.

I've had a look at the RN website but there is no mention of it on there yet.

SSSS
Thanks for that, I am already booked up for a trip to Iran to get some suits made up!

TD
Cheers! So the old tradition still lives on each year then?

TooTired

tootired said:
SSSS
Thanks for that, I am already booked up for a trip to Iran to get some suits made up!

TD
Cheers! So the old tradition still lives on each year then?

TooTired

Dont forget to take your IPod then!

I've actually been trawling all the RN sites such as FleetWeb, Naval Base Sites, Navy News etc etc and can't find a single mention of Navy Days 2007 (or any RN event of a similar name!), and there has been no mention by anyone in Portsmouth Dockyard.

As it usually takes place at the end of August, I thought they'd have started publicising it by now. Have they quietly cancelled Navy Days 2007? Has it become the victim of a Lean Event?

Or are they having it in Gosport Marina, or Hilsea Lido?

SS-super-stoker said:
Welcome to the site tootired.

I believe the Iranian Revolutionary Guard has the largest collection of RN equipment available for viewing.

Hope this helps. :thumright:
10/10 for a very cutting (almost current ) comment ....... I like your style SS !

:thumright: :laughing5:

I believe that NavyDays is now only held every other year and is only held in Guznow. They had it there last year so i think you will have to wait till next year now.
If I remember rightly I did read somewhere about a summit going on in Pompey in August. Acouple of skimmers or so. Can't remember wher i raed it try the local paper website @
www.thenews.co.uk