Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Navy Cricket

Hi All,

I’ve recently joined the URNU and have ambitions for the RNR and beyond. I’m interested in playing cricket either for the navy or the level below, depending what the standard is like. I’ve sent an email and also a message through the NavyFit website, our Coxn has also sent an email but we’ve heard nothing back. Does anyone know any people in the Navy Cricket set up that I could speak to to get involved?

I've never thought of the Navy with a cricket team!!
Almost like splash target cox'n!!!!!
Sod being a fielder on the boundary - have to be a good swimmer!!!!!!

Hi All,

I’ve recently joined the URNU and have ambitions for the RNR and beyond. I’m interested in playing cricket either for the navy or the level below, depending what the standard is like. I’ve sent an email and also a message through the NavyFit website, our Coxn has also sent an email but we’ve heard nothing back. Does anyone know any people in the Navy Cricket set up that I could speak to to get involved?
I would have thought that the best course of action would be to join the Navy first. Once you are in, speak to the PTIs at your first establishment and they can advise on how to progress. If you already play cricket and to a decent standard I am sure that they will contact the RN cricket coaches to let them know that the best thing since Ben Stokes has just joined the RN.

I would have thought that the best course of action would be to join the Navy first. Once you are in, speak to the PTIs at your first establishment and they can advise on how to progress. If you already play cricket and to a decent standard I am sure that they will contact the RN cricket coaches to let them know that the best thing since Ben Stokes has just joined the RN.
URNU students are eligible for navy sports teams. I think we have people doing judo and football at RN level in our unit- but if I don’t hear anything until I finish my reserve training, I’ll do what you’ve said!

Latest Threads