Navy Aviation Walt ?

Please move if this is in the wrong place and any help appreciated. From a topic on arrse:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=146549.html

Is this bloke just an old walt?

I realise this is a Navy related so your advice might be where I should post it so it get's proper attention but in the meantime because it's aviation related, I've put it here.

I don't talk about my days in the mob on the basis that 1) I can't be bothered, 2) most people wouldn't want to hear about it anyway and 3) it was so long ago, I can't remember half of it myself but there is a bloke I keep coming across in my local boozer who delights in telling anybody who is in earshot that he is an old Royal Navy officer. The bloke is retired but drives buses part time for some extra money and can to put it bluntly be a pain especially when he's had a few which is most of the time. I finally got fed up with it the other night and told the guy that I thought he was talking mostly rubbish. He said he was a commissioned officer and a navy trainee pilot and served for 9 months in 1957 but was discharged because he failed his pilots course. He then subsequently told me he served for 6 months. He gave me a service number which he called a Naval Commissioned Warrant (NCW) and the number 2176/1957.

I wonder if anybody here might know anything about navy pilot training in those days for instance, how long would he have been at the officers training before he started any flying lessons etc and how can I verify the number that he has given me here?

Thanks in advance for any advice etc.

chieftiff

War Hero
Sounds like bollox to me especially the service number but I''l bump it so some of our more "mature" members can confirm or deny - if they can remember those sort of details after all this time of course :lol:

A

angrydoc

Agree it sounds dodgy but, even if kosher, is 15 months service all that much to brag about?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green Nautical Jokes 8
PartTimePongo Current Affairs 16
Bad CO Site Issues 14