Navy application procedure

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Fisheggz, Oct 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening All,

I have passed all of the required test so far in regards to joining the navy, I have also been told in a interview I have been accepted and am eagerly awaiting my turn for basic training.
    I have not been given anything in writing though to state that I have been accepted. Is this normal or should I have received a letter informing me of this? I only ask because I have left my job as a trainee tech to move to a job nearer my home to fill the gap between now and starting.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:51

Advised ineleigible for Service Families Accommodation

Sat May 01, 2010 21.27

'Outwitted' a Careers Adviser with many years experience who obviously didn't intend you to read the score, because he was oblivious to the fact they had written it on the front of the pack, face-up on the table between you both. Clumsy, eh? Tsk.

Sat June 19, 20:10

Forgot to ask Careers Adviser of possible expected entry date.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:19

In summary:

You have a mortgage, passed the test Feb-April (?), knew the waiting times were incresased to 16 months for your chosen trade, (possibly extended by a futher 6 months due to a 6 month break in Recruit training Nov 20110- May 2011) no offer of service/provisional entry date, have changed jobs in anticipation of an entry date.

If all else fails, it maybe as well to ring your 'dozy' careers adviser & ask.

Kind of says it all - Good luck.
  3. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will be calling them tomorrow!

There is more to the changing my job than just the navy thought mate, mainly to do with location, paying rent to work in Aberdeen when I have a house in fife and I get a pay increase with my new job.

But I tip my hat to that one as I certainly haven’t made myself sounded like the brightest tool in the shed with some of my questions. :oops:
  4. Or your last post, to be honest.
  5. Could you elaborate on this please?
  6. Bloody hell I really should double check what I type before I click post. I think I had better give up and get some rest.

Cheers All
  7. No new entrants between these dates
  8. Do you mean new entrants to take the RT? I'm assuming if you've already started the process then you carry on?
  9. No new entrants through Raleigh Gates
  10. Is there a recruit break at any time for Officer selection?
  11. Use search function lots of posts and threads on this subject. It would save repeating old info
  12. I did. To no avail. :oops:

I've searched 'recruit break, recruit times, periods, stop recruitment' and all sorts. I wasn't being lazy.
  13. Several of the Stickies in the Newbies forum have info for Officer Applicants. Just a thought.

Are the waiting time update thread and the waiting time discussion thread. Stuff on AIB is here

S_C Out

Tommo, at least he shows good Officer skills at finding things :p
  14. How about if you can't find the information you require from an unofficial navy' forum, you pick up a phone an speak to your careers office??
  15. Because it's 11:26pm and I'm just bumming about on the net, and thought I'd ask. I would clearly phone them sooner or later. I'm not depending on one resource.
  16. Ah right, not offence was intended, It just seems alot easier for some of the 'newbies' to just sit and ask questions on here rather that speak directly to the people with the definate answers!!
  17. No.

Numbers may well be trimmed for some branches but there are no plans to freeze new entries at BRNC as I write.