Navy and girlfriends

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by joeyd12345, Jul 3, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, im joining up in September as an aet, my girlfriend is starting her first year of uni this September in Cornwall, I Was just wandering, during ralaeigh sultan and the next year or 2 how much would I be able to see her? If so how often? I havent been with her for very long but she tells me she wants to stay together when I start training. Is there much point struggling and staying together if I wont actually see her much?
    Thanks alot if you can help
  2. Not really. If you are already wandering you will do so even more when you join up as will she whilst at university.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. It is unlikely that you will be able to see her while doing your initial training at Raleigh.
    However I would think that during part two training you will be entitled to weekends off if not on duty.
    The navy is an equal opportunity employer so when you are on duty at weekends one of your new navy oppos can go and see her to ensure that she does not dip out:toothy8:
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  4. You won't see her during phase one.
    Phase two you will have a fair bit of time at weekends, if she can fit you in between getting drilled by all the new uni cock that is
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Every single person i knew at uni who had a partner when starting was single within a few months, bar none. That said good luck...advice would be cut it and run if you aren't too invested in the relationship yet, she will have uni todge to slay and you will have your own bits and bobs to go hunting for.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Oh Rachel we love it when you talk dirty:toothy8:
    • Like Like x 3
  7. On the other hand, why can't both of you have your cake and eat it too? It's not like you're engaged or married. Apparently my daughter asked me once if she could have two boyfriends and I said "as long as they don't live in the same place." I don't remember saying that but she says I did.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Quote of the day right there!!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Subsunk

Subsunk Badgeman Book Reviewer

Hi joeyd. This relationship has the odds stacked against it, given how much change you both will experience in your lives in the next few years. See how it works out for you both in the meantime, and do not expect too much of it.

Rachelthree is right, chances are she'll be getting harpooned by some posho called 'Justin' at uni. But you'll be on the lash with your oppos and building up a collection of deviant shagging dits that would have the Marquis de Sade call you a perv.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Never mind the totty! Have you bought your iron yet? :happy1:
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Guarantee the only one you'll get a dose from will be the GF

Go to Raleigh single and enjoy the life. There's always dog watch sports behind the RAS rig
  12. Remember - in the RN, being separated counts as being single. It's the law.
  13. No one likes that dick who spends all his time on the phone talking to his bird and dripping about missing her.

Don't be that dick.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Does she like watching Rugby?? if she does I would drop her now because she is liable to be very popular and it will end up like a bill posters bucket.

Not sure what the runs ashore are like in Guzz and Pompey now, but I am sure you will end up sampling the delights of some young lady during part two training, just remember to wear your wellies
  15. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

what goes on past the breakwater, stays past the breakwater. Wrens are for deployment, not for life.
  16. If your joining as an AET you'll get to sample the delights of Emma's during phase 2. You'll understand when you get there.
  17. Hahaha cheers for the replies guys, yeah was thinking about all this and realistically I don't think we're going to stay together, and yeah I wouldn't want to be that dick who's moaning about missing her etc
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Unless she is the one, you will never ever meet anyone you love as much as her and all that crap then yeahhh live the dream without feeling guilty or like you have to explain yourself all the time. Being in the navy in some areas is like having a passport to the hallowed land of Flange when the all you can eat buffet is on. Unless you are really minging and need a guaranteed lay every now and then...that would make you a bad person though so don't do it.
  19. I'm beginning to think R3 is a three badge stoker
    • Like Like x 5
  20. R3 you have out done yourself!!