Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

navy accomodation

Ja5on

War Hero
when you have passed phase two and are sent to a unit/base. Are you allowed dogs in the accomodation and what happens to your wife if you die on operation does she get help finding somewhere to live?

The reason I ask is I have a dog and a wife and only have my medical and interview to go before I get a start date. Cheers for any help.

Ja5on

War Hero
brigham600 said:
NO on both counts.

so What happens if I die then does she just get kicked out of the accomodation?

I can't be the only bloke who has joined a little bit older with a pet and wife there must some sort of legistration on this. I suppose we will have to get private accomodation if the MOD doesn't allow pets.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ja5on, I thinks Brigs answer refers to Barracks rather than Married Quarters, but someone with more recent knowledge then me will be along directly, even though I came out some years ago I'm fairly sure that you can still take the wife with you to a MQ :wink:

Ja5on

War Hero
Welshy said:
I like the way you mention your dog before your Wife!

I like the dog better it doesn't nag and I only have to feed it twice a day to keep it happy. The wife well.... ha ha ha Please don't tell my wife I won't live for very long

brigham600

War Hero
I was referring to barracks. You can keep a pet in most married quarters and the wife! :)

DHE will have the full rules regarding pets and the like and you will need to talk with them when you view a married quarter in your respective base port (Plymouth, Portsmouth, Gosport etc)

As for the wife being kicked out of the MQ should you die on operations, from what I remember, unless your wife is also serving she gets around 3 months to find alternative accommodation. Although I also remember a widow being allowed to continue living in the MQ but paying the full rent for that area rather than a very reduced MQ type rent. Don't hold me on this though, as things may have changed since I last lived in a MQ.

soleil

War Hero
Good. OK, here are your answers.

Max can stay with you in your married quarters. When you fill in the form for your housing, it will ask you if you have any pets. You just need to say that you have Max; permission is then granted for you to have your pet with you. Permission is usually granted for pets unless you have something very big or dangerous, you know what I mean.

Re the question about the housing. If something were to happen to you, your wife would be allowed to stay in your quarters for two years while everything is sorted out.

I've confirmed this by speaking to an Information Officer at the HIVE at Yeovilton. HIVES are information offices attached to the various bases and they can help you or your wife with any question you might have.

Two HIVES which might be relevant to you are:

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceFor/ServiceCommunity/Hive/SouthWest/YeoviltonHive.htm

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceFor/ServiceCommunity/Hive/SouthWest/CuldroseHive.htm

But there are others, of course.

Ja5on

War Hero
soleil said:
Good. OK, here's your answers.

Max can stay with you in your married quarters. When you fill in the forms for your housing, it will ask you if you have any pets. You just need to say that you have Max; pemission is then granted for you to have your pet with you. Permission is usually granted for pets unless you have something very big or dangerous, you know what I mean.

Re the question about the housing. If something were to happen to you, your wife would be allowed to stay in your quarters for two years while everything is sorted out.

I've confirmed this by speaking to an Information Officer at the HIVE at Yeovilton. HIVES are information offices attached to the various bases and they can help you or your wife with any question you might have.

Two HIVES which might be relevant to you are:

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceFor/ServiceCommunity/Hive/SouthWest/YeoviltonHive.htm

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceFor/ServiceCommunity/Hive/SouthWest/CuldroseHive.htm

But there are others, of course.

Thankyou very much I am always amazed at how knowledgeable you are you always seem to know the answers to everything. Cheers you have been a great help and thats a weight off my mind.

soleil

War Hero
You're welcome.

The Information Officer at Yeovilton said that she will be happy to help you or your wife, just ring up. Of course, you may not be based there, but it seemed a good starting point, given that you are hoping to go in as an AET.

Keep those links I sent you for easier reference further down the line. The HIVEs are very useful and will help your wife when you are busy with your job.

When is your interview?

Ja5on

War Hero
soleil said:
You're welcome.

The Information Officer at Yeovilton said that she will be happy to help you or your wife, just ring up. Of course, you may not be based there, but it seemed a good starting point, given that you are hoping to go in as an AET.

Keep those links I sent you for easier reference further down the line. The HIVEs are very useful and will help your wife when you are busy with your job.

When is your interview?

next week along with the medical I managed to get both on the same day

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seizes over 450kg in the largest methamphetamine drug bust in the Middle East MoD News 0
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy: 215th Anniversary Of The Battle Of Trafalgar History 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity - Hosting Your Own Trafalgar Night/Pickle Night Dinner History 2
soleil Express: "Submarine Sparks Panic In Scotland As Onlookers Mistake Royal Navy Exercise For Fire" Submariners 2
sampost Jubilee Sailing Trust announces pioneering collaboration with the Royal Navy Sports and Adventure Training 2
soleil Royal Navy Recipients In The Queen's Birthday Honours List 2020 Current Affairs 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity: World Uckers Championship 2020 The Fleet 1
soleil The Times: "Life On The Ocean Wave: The Royal Navy Photographic Awards" The Fleet 1
soleil BBC: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: On board The Royal Navy's New Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seize £160 million worth of drugs in the Caribbean MoD News 1
higthepig Navy news September 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
soleil NWE Mail: "Barrow Built Submarine Becomes Inaugural Winner Of A New Royal Navy Commendation" Submariners 2
soleil New Badge For Trainee Royal Navy Submariners Submariners 18
M Royal Navy interviews Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Royal Navy Handymen The Fleet 21
B how to find service number royal navy Site Issues 7
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
H Royal Navy Push up standards Joining the Royal Navy 5
J Navy or RAF Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 8
soleil FB: NAVYFit - Squash - 1SL v The Chief Of The Australian Navy Sports and Adventure Training 1
higthepig Navy news August 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
S Transfer from Army to Navy Joining the Royal Navy 8
D Both parents in the Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 1
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy - On This Day - Sir Thomas Sean Connery Was Born History 2
MoD_RSS DIO completes state-of-the-art gym for Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK launches multinational training to enhance Ukrainian Navy against threats from the East MoD News 0
soleil Somerset Live: Royal Navy 'Legend' Still Flying After 50 Years And 9,200 Hours In The Air The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil FB: Navy Wings: 'The Wrong Sort Of Air' ……......…..... The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil Dorset Echo: "‘Does Anyone Know My Old Navy Friend?" The Quarterdeck 4
T Navy Entry Date Marine Engineer Joining the Royal Navy 4
T Application process-Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 8
T Fitness Test Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 15
T Commissioning from army to navy (hopefully) UPO/Careers Office 24
D Navy CBAT/FATs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity - Black Tot Day - 50th Anniversary History 11
soleil FB: Navy Wings - Aircrew Logbooks The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS Glen Mallan jetty refurbishment to support Royal Navy’s surface fleets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stena Superfast VII and Royal Navy submarine report published MoD News 0
J Navy to raf apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
soleil Royal Navy International Air Day - Online - Saturday, July 11th 2020 The Fleet Air Arm 2
N Royal Navy Drugs Policy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
T What is the contract of service for the royal navy rating? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
higthepig Navy news June 2020 The Quarterdeck 3
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy flyers Land On Pitching Postage Stamp Deck | Nostalgia" The Fleet Air Arm 14
soleil FB: RMRN: Take A Look Around HMS Holland I, The First Submarine To Be Commissioned By The Royal Navy Submariners 0
D Navy as a last resort option Joining the Royal Navy 61
C RFA or Royal Navy? Older applicant Joining the Royal Navy 36
soleil FB: "Sea King XV666 ‘Damien’ Visits The Navy Wings Heritage Hangar On The 50th Anniversary Of The First Flight" The Fleet Air Arm 56
Z Royal Navy triage call Submariners 5
H I want to join the navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31