Naval Websites of Interest

Discussion in 'History' started by BreathingOutOnTheWayUp, Jun 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An excellent and fascinating link for the older scroat BOTWU.
  2. top site,well found!
  3. Excellent and fascinating for all of us. Super find.

A beautifully done website - how lucky he is that his father took the time to document his experiences (something which happens all too rarely) and also that he has such a fine collection of good quality photos to use.

By the way, I have seen a MTB out on the Thames - MTB102 is still active.
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I believe that MTB 102 was also involved in the little ships event recently Sol
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Mod Edit:

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

7. One of the best Naval History sites which includes casualties from 1914 to 2008 (right hand side of home screen) - Royal Navy and Naval History.Net

Two for those interested in the convoys - ConvoyWeb & Convoy Index Page - (Homepage - Home of Siri (Holm) Lawson/ )

This is a USN related one - Navy Documents

Coastal Forces - The Coastal Forces

Flower Class Corvettes - Flower Class Corvettes

Naval Weapons - NavWeaps - Naval Weapons, Naval Technology and Naval Reunions - Navy Weapons

Bismarck - Battleship Bismarck

U-Boats - The U-boat Wars 1939-1945 (Kriegsmarine) and 1914-1918 (Kaiserliche Marine) and Allied Warships of WWII -

Kriegsmarine (has an interesting section that deals with the proposed Z-Plan fleet) - History

And in line with it being mentioned in this thread I have attached a recent image of MTB 102 that usually sits in a marina just outside of Lowestoft (where this was taken in June 2013.)

Attached Files:

• 102.jpg
      File size:
      94.6 KB
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  8. Very informative....thank you for this