Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Naval Urban Myths

Not a myth, on one of my many sea going craft, on which I did stacks of sea time drawing six fag coupons was a stoker who was left lots of dosh by granny/nanny/aunt fanny and when the pome shook him one morning he says not today thanks, I think I'll have a lie in, he vanished never to return

Not a myth, on one of my many sea going craft, on which I did stacks of sea time drawing six fag coupons was a stoker who was left lots of dosh by granny/nanny/aunt fanny and when the pome shook him one morning he says not today thanks, I think I'll have a lie in, he vanished never to return

Was his name white?

I remember a L/Sea who inherited soon after signing on for another stretch - Pusser wouldn't let him back out of it.

Rummers may also remember this one (Chris F. Rummers???) ... was a guy in Haslar a few years back in the 70's who inherited a large amount of dosh from some aged aunt or something ... up'd sticks (think he PVR'd) and opened a English Pub in Vermont ... by all accounts he owns half the soddin mountain now!

Then there was the one about jack ambling across the parade ground in Collingwood, GI spots him,THAT MAN STAND STILL,
jack shouts back, do you know who I am, GI confused, no, well fcuk off then shouts jack legging it.

Jack in phone box in dockyard, finishes call steps out, grunter waiting outside asks, can you change a £1, yes mate says jack I've got stacks of change, hang on says Hornblower, I'm sir not mate and its customary to salute officers, lets start again, have you change of £1, deeps chops one off, sorry sir I dont have any change.

Then there was the one about jack ambling across the parade ground in Collingwood, GI spots him,THAT MAN STAND STILL,
jack shouts back, do you know who I am, GI confused, no, well fcuk off then shouts jack legging it.

A chief WE if my memory from my time at Collingwood serves me right.

Wasn't there one where you didn't have to salute blue badge WREN officers?

Around 93/94? we had a Chief OA who had been out side for a year or so and came back in for a 6th 5th due to his expertise on O Boats. On his 2nd day back in Dolphin he walks past a 2nd Officer WREN, by that time they were proper Matelots and entitled to salutes but the uniform hadnt yet changed, blue rings.

A conversation ensued along the lines of

Dont you salute Officers Chief.

Not WRENS Maam.

We will see about that come with me to the Reg office.

After she had introduce him to the MAA there was another conversation along the lines of.

Why didnt you salute her Chief?

You dont have to salute WRENS.

Chief you know dam well you do. How long have you been in this mans Navy?

2 Days

MAA Apoplectic Stop taking the piss...............................etc.

Its true I was on my way here with my joining routine..........

MAA, After he had calmed down. Let me explain things have changed a little since you left....

Latest Threads