Naval Service Quarterly Pocket Brief

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by digger84, Apr 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Naval Service Quarterly Pock Brief

I couldn't believe table 3. Who are the rouge officers with less than 5 years service that attained the rank of CDR?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Probably qualified Surgeons or Clergy.

3. true didn't think of them. what about the drag ass Lt's with 20 years service? Do you think they just sit in the corner of the wardroom festering and ordering the middies and subbies about the place

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

They're probably SUY's with 18 years service as a Rating/Senior Rate, & made it to Officer just in time for pension :wink: .

5. I'm not quite sure I believe Table 6, there cannot be just 30 Fully Trained S/Lts, there are far more than 30 Naval College Entrants (i.e. those that enter with no seniority and as a Midshipman) every year surely.

6. Where it says fully trained it doesn't just mean passed Raleigh or BRNC it means passed professional and trade training at relevant establishments such as Sultan for AE's and ME's and Collingwood for WE's and Ops Branch. Hope this helps P-O

7. I see what you are saying there, but when I leave COLLINGWOOD's IWO course (and therefore at that point join the Trained Strength) I will be a S/Lt for 2 1/2 years from then until promotion to Lt. On the basis that there are at least 30 Warfare Officers completing IWO as S/Lts each year, there should be something closer to 80 on the S/Lt trained strength. (That figure does not include trained Aircrew S/Lts or Logistics S/Lts.)

8. But, are the Logistics not fully trained until they pass their charge board or what ever it is called same as the WE's who have to pass a board on ship during their first appointment?

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

There will also be some failures and those that drop out for various reasons.

10. where it says average age on promiton it how long exactly would it take you to get the promiton?

11. Burnsey, that question is like ''how long is a piece of string?'' really. Promotion depends on many factors; are you eligible?, are you in date for your fitness test?, are you showing traits of a person who is a rank above you? the list goes on. To sumarise it took me three years from joining as an OM to get selected for promotion to LET(WE).