Naval Recruitment Mail Version

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, Sep 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is hardly surprising. I applied at 16 and at 19 in less than a month I still cannot expect to go in until a years time so will most likely be 20 by the time I join. I was planning to go in straight after school but because of the lists I had to do 6th form and now work as a cleaner just waiting for my entry date. It feels crap, no wonder there is such a fall in young recruits.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. The term "signed up" is misleading. You don't "sign up" until you actually join the navy on day one at HMS Raleigh. With the waiting times in excess of 2 years for almost every job (ratings) it is hardly surprising that you will be over 18 when you actually arrive at phase 1 training.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I stand corrected
  4. Why do we even bother reporting on what the Daily Mail has to offer? They have as much grasp of matters military (or police or anything else for that matter) as I do of Quantum Physics
  5. Quantum Physics..piece of piss. Quantum physics is a branch of science that deals with discrete, indivisible units of energy called quanta as described by the Quantum Theory. There are five main ideas represented in Quantum Theory: Energy is not continuous, but comes in small but discrete units. 1 The elementary particles behave both like particles and like waves.2 The movement of these particles is inherently random. 3 It is physically impossible to know both the position and the momentum of a particle at the same time. The more precisely one is known, the less precise the measurement of the other is.4 The atomic world is nothing like the world we live in. 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. =====================

Mmmm - Something missing there, Wreckage, but I've fixed it:

7. Well done Wrecker

What is Quantum Physics
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Google is my friend (but MoD 'puter doesna like paragraphs or smiley's)
  9. I looked Quantum Physics as one of the modular I would have had to have completed to change my OU degree into and Eng. Degree to coincide with leaving the MoB; it was a leap too far for me
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you add Royal Machines to the equation, who don't have a surplus of applicants in relation to available jobs, I'd guess the figures are significantly different. Then again, comparatively few 16 year olds successfully achieve pass-out as a Royal.

With regard 16 year olds joining, there is of course another slant to the moral issues. The UK is the only country in Europe which routinely recruits people aged under 18. Worldwide, 134 countries have prohibited the practice. 37 countries recruit from the age of 17. The UK is one of only 20 countries in the world to recruit 16-year-olds.

More here:
  11. Well that really seals the deal, The Wail knows absolutely nothing about anything whereas I am now well up to speed on Quantum Physics
  12. Don't worry Sumo, it wasn't wasted. I got it. :study:
  13. I got it as well, just didn't want him materialising in my living room.
    • Like Like x 1