Naval medics arrive home from Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Passed-over_Loggie, Apr 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From Truth Central, this morning;

A bit of recognition, for once.
  2. Naval Strike Wing has just returned, hundreds of them!! they get even got a mention? maybe something to do with the crabs!!!
  3. That's all well and good but what are the chances of there being anything about that story in the national press, or for the RN to receive any wider recognition for it's efforts out on the ground in Afghanistan? Joe Public seem to think that Afghan is far too dusty for The Navy to be involved, and the PR machine at Navy HQ doesn't seem interested in changing that opinion from what I can gather.
  4. See the Navy got the good looking medics again 8O
  5. Well done to all who were serving in the area and no doubt they saved many lives.

Might be able to get an appointment at the sickbay, if they fill all the gaps with those returning.
  6. How come the MO tells me that I need to lose weight before I deploy, yet some fat-arsed Navy medic is fine??
  7. Grow bigger tits!
  8. Tell him its water retention!
  9. If you look closer the one one the left is a corporal as is the one background middle. The other is a PO. Well done to all out there.

10. I wouldn't climb over any of them to get to any of you lot ... !
  11. I would............climb over them,
    but not to get at you 8O 8)
    Stop at the top. :D
  12. The PO Nurse RN needs to lay off the pies, she can only just do up the flies of her keks. Bet she's got a lovely bed side manner though. :D

Good effort the scablifters. :wink:
  13. Prop Forward? Having said that 'well done' and welcome home.
  14. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, love to roll her in flour.
  15. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Great stuff guys, really great stuff. MOD posts a good news story about a bunch of female medics who have done the job for real, and all some of the [email protected] here can do is post lewd comments. Have none of you idiots realised that the press do actually look on sites like this for easy stories - and that you've just given them an easy story - for instance

"Sexist sailors attack returning female soldiers as being ugly and overweight" - cue instant PR nightmare for MOD, and another story that gets dug up. This isn't the fecking mess square - this is an internet site where anyone can read what you say and use it against you.

I know its banter, you know its banter - we all know its banter apart from the tabloid journalist with some column inches to fill by tomorrow morning. If you don't believe me then check out ARRSE or PPRUNE where non stories regularly get lifted to fill space in a paper.

Think guys - this is the reputation of the RN at potential risk here.
  16. Well done the medics. Failed cooks apart, I wonder who else on here has saved several lives recently.

17. Well phuq me!Do you REALLY think that journos have nothing better to do than look for dits like this when the MP's are on the fiddle,The economy in a shoite state,and some woman in Jockanistan appears to be a singing phenomenon?Yes it is Banter and i am sure that the lass in the pic could take a joke as well as the next service person.If not then maybe they shouldnt have joined?Makes me laugh,we havent had a single journo on ROMFT trolling for a dit,and beleive me they would have a field day on there,we were concieved as a "cyber Mess square" as opposed to a regular RN site.
  18. Purple_twiglet

Andy - you don't get it do you. We all know its banter but journalist don't. They do lurk on places like this, and they do file stories - the Guardian has put out reports about squaddies comments on the NAAFI bar on ARRSE, and the Express routinely carries stories from PPRUNE.

Journalists are incredibly lazy creatures and want easy stories (god knows I know enough of them), and things like this are really easy stories to write. They've got a photo, they've got the MOD story and they can dig up a bunch of quotes from people slagging them off - its 30 minutes work and they've got something that will fill a few column inches - thats all they care about.

We're our own worst enemy at times - people here don't get that the banter that we think is fine is not seen that way by people that don't get our values and way of life. It would be all to easy to turn this into a really easy story if they wanted to. In fact, I'm half tempted to drop a tabloid a quick email to see if they run it...
  19. Purple_twiglet, you need to take a chill pill that's service banter and always has been unless of course you are cocooned in fluffy cotton wool? When the day comes that you cannot take the piss out of each other it will be the day to sell off HMS Victory.
  20. Purple_twiglet

"Purple_twiglet, you need to take a chill pill that's service banter and always has been unless of course you are cocooned in fluffy cotton wool? When the day comes that you cannot take the piss out of each other it will be the day to sell off HMS Victory."

Fink - I know its service banter, but my point is that a lot of the people who may read this site don't know its service banter. We have to remember this, as it can potentially cause huge problems for the RN. Never forget that anyone can see this site, not just matelots...