Naval Injuries

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by higthepig, Aug 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I read today of a Wren who had been in the Navy for 11 days and broke her ankle, she was awarded over £190,000 because she was too embarrassed to wear a dress, having seen her picture, its not only her legs that need covering up. What does the team think?

2. To be fair I heard that she still can't walk after 5 years, don't know the full details.

The PTIs now tell you to sit down and jump off the obstacle on the assault course that she injured herself on, rather than jump off it standing up as was the practice when she did it. (I did that assault course last month, see)

3. Hig wrote: I read today of a Wren who had been in the Navy for 11 days and broke her ankle, she was awarded over £190,000 because she was too embarrassed to wear a dress, having seen her picture, its not only her legs that need covering up. What does the team think?

Christ on a bike! And meanwhile the rest of us scrimp to keep the machinery turning in what's left of the MOB.

SF

4. sorry to disappoint you all but ..

whilst I am not in personal injury these compo figs are calculated along very strict guidelines.

1. What likelihood is it that she will be able to work again? So lost salary
    2. Pain and inconvenience
    3. general and specific damages.

It is not likely that she got that amount of money without it being someone elses fault.

5. Fair enough then. Consider ourselves re-briefed.

Please don't beat me.

SF

6. Good grief, I am not going to beat you! What is the matter with you lot? Not met many women with opinions? Please do come and visit my office and you can meet 15 girls with opinions!

7. Why not?

SF

8. You want me to beat you?

Weirdo!!

9. Busted!

10. Rosina, does this happen at the same time each month? If so, then no thanks. 8O :D

11. No Brigham dear we have opinions all the time!

12. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Possibly not - she seems very well informed on the levels of compensation claims - she probably knows exactly how much it would cost her to give someone a good thrapping.... er beating! :)

13. Am a lawyer for goodness sake, do pay attention Flagwagger!

14. i'm too embarressed to wear a dress will they give me £190,000. Well sober anyway!!

15. No, join the Royal marines.

16. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

So, does that mean you can't afford the time to administer a beating - after all, we all know what inflated rates the legal profession charge! :)

17. i said sober they do it as part of their training :lol:

18. I would not lower myself by telling you my charge out rate!

19. If I ever need a lawyer, I know who to ask. I suspect you'd leave the other side quaking in their boots.

SF

20. 4 pack of stella :lol: