Naval cap tallies

Discussion in 'Hobbies & The Great Indoors' started by krabat, Jan 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How much for the Armada Argentina one? I know a South Atlantic vet who would appreciate it as a late Christmas present.

Edit: Just seen the price, 12 euros.
  2. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Impressive collection, it must have been fun gathering those up.

Did we invent cap tallies? Along with the angled deck and so forth.
  3. Selling? As in people pay money for them? Blimey.
  4. You'll have people selling their Olympic tourches next .... oh, wait ...
  5. Yeh, it was a very much of fun chasing each and everyone of them. Regrettably, now I am parting with my collection... decided to keep only the Canadian ones ...

I was in Canadian Navy and Coast Guard back in the 1990's
  6. Impressive collection. I think we may have invented the cap tally as most European and foreign navies copied the RN rig, it would make sense that they copied that as well...unless anyone knows different but found this though...Naval Historical Collectors Research Association
  7. Hi there
    Does anyone know the font used to produce RN cap tallies?
    Kind regards
  8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As an aside, i've seen a RN Cap Tally that says Royal Engineers (It's at the Uxbridge RNA). Anyone know how that came about?
  9. It was a typo.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If it was, it was one hell of one. I'll get a picture next time I'm there to prove that I'm not lying. You get back to your siesta.
  11. Try here Soar Valley Weaving manufacturers and suppliers of cap tallies worldwide

Soar Valley Weaving,
    home of cap tallies.

We have been producing quality cap tallies since 1993.
    We only produce high quality cap tallies that meet with M.O.D. specifications.
    Whether you are looking for cap tallies for the sea cadet corps, memorabilia, special occasions, open days or events, give us a call on 01509 413705 to discuss your requirements in full.

"Soar Valley Weaving are dedicated to producing high quality cap tallies using only the
    finest materials coupled with excellent service, aiming to exceed customer expectations."

Unbeatable Product Experience and Knowledge

We are happy to produce single one off cap tallies or large orders. We can weave any text to your specification whether it is a ship’s name, a congratulations message, or the details of an event, we have the skills to do it for you.

High Standard, High Quality

Our cap tallies are woven using only high quality materials, using either gold wire or polyester thread to weave the text. Soar Valley Weaving are the premier cap tally manufacturers.

Some of our work...

[TABLE="width: 600, align: center"]
    [TD="class: leftCol"][​IMG][/TD]

Order with Confidence

We will happily deliver anywhere in the world.
    We endeavour to fulfil completed orders within 5 days, so you can order from us with confidence.

12. And here also: Captallies

Will produce what ever one you want from £7.99 for one to £19.99 for four.
  13. So did the RE chappies have a whip round and splash out £7.99 or the full £19.99 and if the latter, where are the other three...........

I've got an HMS HERO cap tally! Safeguard!
  14. So have I, I picked the N off HERON safeguard, during my Wyton days when Heron was our accounting base. SNO could see something was different with his sailors on divs however just couldn't figure it out?
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I've just added a great number of World naval cap tallies for sale on my website. If interested, just drop me a line. PayPal pament accepted.

Thanks for looking :)

My on-line catalogue:
  16. Looks like Times Roman to me.