Naval airmen at sea

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by blackhawk279, Jan 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anybody know if NA(AH) spend much time at a RNAS after they have completed their training and if they spend much time at sea?
    Many thanks

2. Wafu's at sea.......Don't make me laugh.

More chance of being sent out to the sand form what I hear.

Sm

:)

3. They spend a lot more time at sea now than they used to in the 60s/70s apparently.

4. Wouldn't know wasn't at sea in the 60/70, but I was in the 80/90/00's.

SM

5. So you missed the good times then? (Foreign visits, Rum, DFs, Jennies ....)

:p :lol:

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Some of their time is spent at sea. Usually horizontal with the lights off... :wink:

7. I was a Handler for 11 years, of which 4 were spent at sea. Mind you that was in the 70's.

8. They are only jealous because they picked the wrong branch to join!! I see you live in Cornwall, try ringing Culdrose & ask for the School of Flight Deck Operations. Someone should be able to tell you more as thats where you'll do your training.

9. What the point of a Chockhead in the desert? Reggie runner is the only thing that springs to mind.
    Crabs have the fire station part!

10. A amte of mine is a chief wafu tiff. Been in since 1989/90 has only done about 1 years sea if that lol

11. :lol: :lol: :lol: Think we will go through the round window today children :roll: :roll: with Far East Commissions of 24 months :? :?

12. S
    Why would you need to hoover an airfeild in the desert?