Naval Airman (AIRCRAFT HANDLER)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by bh89, May 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, i'm considering joining the Royal Navy as an aircraft handler. My dream job is to be a firefighter, but as it's so competetive to join the fire service, i'm looking at possible alternatives. I've been on the Royal Navy website, but i wanted to get some opinions from people who actually do this job. The firefighting training is definately what interests me about the job! What is the rest of the job like? How many months of the year on average do you spend at sea? Where are you based when not at sea?
    Any further information would be a lot of help! Cheers!

Ben

2. Hi Ben,

Everyone in the RN is trained to fire-fight. The NA(AH) do further training in flight deck fire-fighting. One of the biggest potential problems for you is that currently you would have to wait 18 months to join as an NA(AH). We have other jobs with a lot less waiting time.

Aircraft Handlers will spend some time at sea and also in hot overseas postings. When in the UK, they will be based at one of the main air-stations in Yeovilton, Culdrose or RAF Whittering.

I'll let someone else fill you in on what the job is like, as this wasn't my trade whilst in the RN.

SM

:)

3. Chockheads have thier own web site :wink: :wink: Aircraft Handlers Association The Association is run by handlers, for handlers and membership is offered exclusively to all serving members of the Aircraft Handler branch, ex Aircraft ...
    www.chockheads.org.uk/ - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

4. Ben, PM me for any info with regards to Aircraft Handler, I am a current serving Aircraft Handler at RNAS Culdrose and will fill you in with any details you might need

5. Reggie's Runner, Buffers Party and revising for NAMET/LANTERN again!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi panda

I am going to becoming in as a aircraft handler !! My entry date is in May !!

Is there any tips and advice you could give me before I start my works training in this branch ?

Thanks