NATO Shoot

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Trouble, May 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Can anyone enlighten me about the NATO shoot? We have not been before and would appriciate any information you guys can tell us, ie Rig, Timings, Sort of Weekend bla bla bla.

Cheers Guys! :wink:

Edited to minimise OPSEC.
  2. Who's being shot then, anyone interesting??

Do they stand still or do you have to chase/stalk them a bit first ???

:lol: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
  3. Hopefully Jack is the principle target.
  4. I know that we're not going cos it was gonna cost us £50.00 each!
  5. We are sending a team for the first time and even though we have not yet had the official docs we have heard the following. Apparently over the 2 days we have to use a 9mm Pistol, SA80 and the LSW. I also heard that we have to throw grenades?. Also there is an assault course to do. On the Saturday evening there is an official function and we have to wear No1's. We are going to be given the full details over the next couple of days so if anything changes then will let you know. It will also be combats over the 2 days. Hope this is of some use.
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Reservists with guns?! :shock:

Actually I've heard it's not a competition but a training course for forthcoming operational deployments.... :wink:
  7. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Shocking - whatever next? Reggies with a sense of humour :twisted:
  8. No assault course or grenades this year, but there is a field gun run. FORES will be around all day.
  9. Can anyone confirm if they are having to pay for it?

We were told £50.00 a head to cover accomodation cost etc.
  10. That is the case trehorn, yes.
  11. Matlots with weopons, could be anyone.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  12. sgtpepperband

NEVER!! We've got a reputation to maintain... :wink:
  13. We have been told there is a gala dinner on the Saturday night. Anyone know what rig it is?.
  14. I believe it's normally Nos 1s/mess undress as appropriate.
  15. It's a formal mess dinner so its Officers/Senior Rates 2B's, Junior Rates No.1's, although I did manage to negotiate lounge suits for JR's only if they did not wish to bring their No.1's. The £50 is for the hire of the range/equipment and also the dinner in the evening. Sadly these days everything is in the hands of Civvies so we have to pay fo everything. Please be aware accommodation is austair (even for the officers, regardless of rank), as the regular army have first call on the main accommodation . Redford barracks is the primary accommodation for those army units pre deploying to Iraq/Afganistan.
  16. Is it sleeping bags ZFWQ?
  17. sgtpepperband

Surely if you trap a crocadillyhumptypig you won't need a sleeping bag..?! :twisted:
  18. Yes. Sleeping bags required.
  19. Sounds like you've done a few RNR females.

I'll get me coat.
  20. Thanks.