Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Nato Naval Communications Competition (navcomcomp)

De ja vue!!!
Hasn't this been done?:eek:
Oh yes, one (sensible) reply from first post so starts a new one.
Mind you if it's anything like the telly, folk seem to like repeats!! ;)

De ja vue!!!
Hasn't this been done?:eek:
Oh yes, one (sensible) reply from first post so starts a new one.
Mind you if it's anything like the telly, folk seem to like repeats!! ;)
If you think posting this once and receiving one reply means its been 'done' then you are mistaken. If this is of no interest to you then simply move on or make a helpful comment. Thank you!|!

Those people who read it when I originally posted it may well have moved on. One who did helpfully comment, I was unable to contact as they appeared not to have left any contact details. Perhaps I was unable to find them.

Similarily there are people who've joined Navy Net recently and may not have noticed a thread about something they took part in years ago, as the thread is buried under hundreds of other threads. In addition I originally posted it in section of the forum for Bloggs. I don't generally look at other people's bloggs so I thought I'd post it here where it might get a wider audience of readers who were once ROs. In fact I was also criticised by you for posting it in that section originally . Thank you!

Last edited:
Have you tried any RN groups on Facebook?
A couple of ones relevant to ROs or HMS Mercury - the signal training school. I've got a few replies and some interesting stories from a couple of Americans (on my blog regarding swapping uniforms with one of our operators for a run ashore). I'm also tapping into Ham forums as quite a few ex ROs are now hams including a couple of ex competitors and one from Holland.

Latest Threads