Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Archetype, Jan 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There's something that's been bugging me for a while. I hope some of you helpful people can put my mind at ease. Bear with me here.

I was born in London in 1990 to a French mother and a Zimbabwean father. Since, my father has become naturalised as a British citizen whereas my mother is still French. Because neither were British at the time of my birth, I inherited my mother's French citizenship and did not become naturalised myself until late 2006. Currently I am of dual nationality holding both a British and a French passport.

Here's my question: I'm hoping to apply for position as a logistics officer in the RN but I'm not sure whether my dual nationality, or the fact that I wasn't born British, makes me ineligible.

Any replies would be appreciated.

2. Why not join the French Navy, it`s bigger.
  3. What's your mum like? Got any phots? :lol:
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just to clarify;

For entry into the Naval Service a candidate must, at all times since birth, fall into
    one of the following Nationality categories:
    a. British Citizen.
    b. Dual British/Commonwealth, British/Irish, British/Other citizenship.
    c. Irish or Commonwealth citizen.
    d. Dual Commonwealth / Commonwealth, Commonwealth/other Irish/
    Commonwealth or Irish/Other nationality.

Logistics Branch can be British, Dual British, or Commonwealth. If you contact the overseas desk at London AFCO, they will advise accordingly. email: [email protected]

The Residency requirement is part of the Security Clearance procedure and is irrespective of the Nationality of the candidate. The residency status of the candidate's parents or partner is not considered.

Unless satisfactory security checks can be carried out in the candidates’ country of residence, candidates for entry into the Naval Service should normally have resided in the UK for a minimum of five years immediately prior to making an application. In certain circumstances, particularly where an applicant is of UK origin, a shorter period of residence may be accepted.

Good luck.
  5. Can you join the Canadian Navy?
    That would be a better bet.
  6. Bang on Hig.

At least the French Navy appear to be expanding!!!!!!
  7. Holy thread resurrection.

The first Nepalese girl joined the Royal Navy, I wish her a happy and successful career. Well done girl

• Like Like x 2