National Television Awards - "Royal Navy Caribbean Patrol" Nominated

soleil

War Hero
Chris Terrill's TV documentary series featuring HMS Manchester, "Royal Navy Caribbean Patrol", made by Uppercut Films and broadcast on Channel 5 earlier this year, has been nominated for a National Television Award in the category "Factual Programme"; there is considerable competition in this category, so please vote!

To do so, simply go to:

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/home

Click on 'Vote'

Scroll down to and enter the 'Factual Programme' folder

Select 'Royal Navy Caribbean Patrol'

Scroll down to and click on 'Submit Your Vote'

Follow the instructions to complete the process

You may vote for only one nominee in each category.

Votes must be received by 23:59 on Monday 17th October 2011.

If you would like to take another look at the series, the episodes are still available to watch on Channel 5's website:

Royal Navy Caribbean Patrol | Channel 5

RNCaribbeanPatrol.jpg

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'd rather not. There have been some great programmes made about the RN but this was not one of them. I think I'll vote for another programme worthy of the award.

G

guestm

I liked it. It made lonely old pissbags angry.

It's a coconut!

howfen_lad

War Hero
As a applicant i really enjoyed the series, it made a great thread, the old v new came out to play and that was good to follow too, but it is in a strong list, and i really enjoyed both the Strangeways series as it was good seeing family, (screws i'll have you know) and also the 'Land of the lost tiger' series was great. Then again i found the 'Idiot abroad' to be entertaining.

My vote goes to the 'lost tiger' series, it could make a difference to the preservation of the species, which i find essential and it was great viewing IMO.

G

guestm

Sorry Sol but in my view an idiot abroad walks that category by a country mile.

MG Maniac

War Hero
I watched it as it was nice to see the old ship again... was on her 85 - 87 and the happiest ship I was on; but why did they constantly film the OD's??? Can't say it was riveting TV!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has appointed Mark Cecil and The Rt Hon Chris Grayling as Trustees of the National Portrait Gallery. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 1000 jobs promoted to local job seekers at National Careers Service virtual jobs fair MoD News 0
sweetpea FREE access and download from the National Archives. History 1
MoD_RSS COVID-19 treatments could be fast-tracked through new national clinical trial initiative MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to the National Fire Chiefs Council and the Fire Services Management Committee MoD News 0
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy - Warrior Webcam Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS National testing coordinator warns against unapproved antibody tests MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National action plan to further support adult social care sector  MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Assessment and Accreditation System (NAAS) grants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out plan for national effort on PPE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS We need a national effort to build testing capacity on a massive scale MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A National Strategy for Disabled People to remove barriers and increase participation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Minimum and Living Wage increases come into effect MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Living Wage increase raises income of low-paid workers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The UK completes training of Somali National Army battalion in Baidoa MoD News 0
BFRS123 National Employment Online Careers Fair - April 2020 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 2
MoD_RSS UK’s first ‘super’ National Nature Reserve created on Purbeck Heaths MoD News 0
MoD_RSS It’s a national effort to win coronavirus fight, we all have crucial part to play MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Child Measurement Programme: school feedback letters MoD News 0
MoD_RSS TCI National Security Council (NSC) Meeting: COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National recruitment campaign for paramedics, radiographers and nurses begins MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Putting the national, the health and service into NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HM Treasury has appointed James Heath as the new CEO of the National Infrastructure Commission (NIC). MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Financial health notice to improve: National College for Advanced Transport and Infrastructure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Innovation: MHRA’s speedy approval of high dose flu vaccine demonstrates flexibilities in national applications MoD News 0
BFRS National Employment & Careers Fair @ Catterick - 23rd April 2020 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ themed National Apprenticeship Week (NAW2020) round up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Capacity Market auction parameters: open letter from BEIS to National Grid, February 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Troika Statement: Compromise essential to timely formation of South Sudan’s Revitalized Transitional Government of National Unity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK national statement to the IAEA International Conference on Nuclear Security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New National Plan to shape the future of music education MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Week 2020 in the Foreign Office MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tony Burton CBE appointed as Interim Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Week 2020 in ODP MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ with an apprenticeship this National Apprenticeship Week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS School sponsored by LLW Repository Ltd reach national Lego League final MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Governor Dakin's speech at TCI National Security Strategy launch: 22 January 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Capacity Market auction determination: open letter from BEIS to National Grid, December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Living Wage to hit 60 per cent target in April MoD News 0
MoD_RSS René Olivieri appointed as Interim Chair of the The National Heritage Memorial Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA’s National Careers Service head awarded in New Year’s Honours MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 national winners announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Get ‘Fired Up’ for National Apprenticeship Week 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Hydrographic Office appoints UK National Hydrographer and Deputy Chief Executive MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK national statement to the 2019 OSCE Ministerial Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK National Statement at the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention: 4th Review Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK's National Statement for the International Organization for Migration (IOM) Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Career Insight: Jake, Legal Trainee, National Crime Agency MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Crime Agency Remuneration and Review Body remit 2020 to 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ announced as the theme for National Apprenticeship Week 2020 MoD News 0