Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National Health Number

Sorry to ask such a basic question :oops: But:

I'm currently filling in my application form, and have reached the part asking for my National Health Number.

I wasn't aware that I had one, and neither are my parents.

Does everyone have one, and if so how can I get mine?

sara21

Lantern Swinger
My parents had mine on a little sheet of paper, i am assuming however if they have lost it then you would be best to speak to your doctor.

sara21

Lantern Swinger
To find out your NHS number, you can usually just ask your GP, because it will be written on your medical history notes.
If you want a new medical card, including your NHS number, then please follow these guidelines. Visit NHS.uk (NHS) and click on NHS Organisations. Find your local Primary Care Trust (formerly Health Authority). You may need to search by using your postcode. When you contact your Primary Care Trust (PCT), ask to be put through to their Patient & Practitioners Service Agency and say that you would like to know your NHS number, or require a medical card.
Registration staff will take all your relevant details: name, date of birth, address and GP and then issue a medical card, usually within two days. The information you give is confidential. You may be asked to confirm selected personal details in order to verify your identity.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=897

the miracles of google

SouthLancsLad said:
Sorry to ask such a basic question :oops: But:

I'm currently filling in my application form, and have reached the part asking for my National Health Number.

I wasn't aware that I had one, and neither are my parents.

Does everyone have one, and if so how can I get mine?

Are you or your parents British? :?: You would have been issued with a number when you were born :!:

The format of NHS numbers changed a few years ago from an alpha/numeric code to a 10 digit (numerical only) code so if you do ask your GP ensure you get the most recent number.

Got it off my GP now, thanks all for your help.

Did try Google incidetally, couldn't find anything relevant though.

SLL - Retiring to the Dunce's corner.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Veterans UK looking for new ways to help ease the pressure on the National Health Service and continue processing claims safely MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government creates new National Institute for Health Protection MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Putting the national, the health and service into NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Financial health notice to improve: National College for Advanced Transport and Infrastructure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Gold No.14 for LLWR at national health and safety awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National mental health programme between schools and NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How local and national government can work together to improve health and care MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Government appoints first National Adviser for LGBT Health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Dame Fiona Caldicott appointed as the first statutory National Data Guardian for Health and Social Care MoD News 0
Max9393 National health card Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
BFRS NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS Nebosh national general certificate in health & safety The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
janner Proposed cuts to the National Health Service Diamond Lil's 1
Murph National Health Card! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
C national health card Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
Tailz National Health CARD Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS Up-rating report 2021 – focus on the National Insurance Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New national construction products regulator announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National free school meals voucher scheme opens to orders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Office working to restore Police National Computer data MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Citizen Space Survey - National Strategy for Disabled People MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Crime Agency Remuneration and Review Body remit: 2021 to 2022 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Five young entrepreneurs from Scotland win national award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Data Guardian invites feedback on draft Caldicott Guardian guidance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty on national alert levels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary statement to Parliament on national lockdown MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Jobcentre guidance on new national COVID restrictions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister announces national lockdown MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Remarks delivered by H.E. Governor Nigel Dakin CMG, and Chief Medical Officer, Dr Nadia Astwood, at the national press conference on COVID vaccination MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The National Archives adopts geospatial data research and development licence as a public sector standard MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has reappointed Rosemary Leith and Katrin Henkel as Trustees of the National Gallery. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Intimidation in Public Life: correspondence with the Scottish National Party MoD News 0
MoD_RSS King's Wood and Rushmere National Nature Reserve gains 43 hectares MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCDO statement: Venezuelan National Assembly elections MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK national statement to the 2020 OSCE Ministerial Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to the National Data Strategy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Build the Future’ announced as theme for National Apprenticeship Week 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The National Mathematics & Science College: warning notice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tiering decisions to be made through national command structure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Awards 2020 national winners unveiled MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Living Wage increase to protect workers' living standards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Exciting roles at Dstl as part of the new National Cyber Force MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Simon Hart welcomes National Lottery support for Welsh Football MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Cyber Force Transforms country's cyber capabilities to protect UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £80 million fund for green jobs and new national parks to kick start green recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National recognition for project delivery at Sellafield MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government leads national drive to protect victims of child abuse MoD News 0