National health card

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
Hi everyone having my RT next week and I have some forms I need to bring and I'm having trouble with the "National health card" as I'm Overseas.
I have my national insurance number and an EHIC card
Is this enough?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The National Health Card no longer exists. When you register with a UK Doctor, you'll get a letter with an NHS number - worry not, unless you hold a British passport, it's not required initially.

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
The National Health Card no longer exists. When you register with a UK Doctor, you'll get a letter with an NHS number - worry not, unless you hold a British passport, it's not required initially.
I am a British citizen and have a British passport, I'm just a Spanish resident but I've never received a national health card/NHS number nor have I ever needed one..
I'm registered with a GP in Spain, not the UK

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
Your NHS number may actually be on your birth certificate already. The numbers changed to a ten digit number about a decade back. When you get to UK, you can check.
There is a Number on the top right of my birth certificate which starts with 2 letters..
If I do not manage to get my nhs number (going to doctors tomorrow to see if they can help) will I have any issues to sit the test ?
I have the rest of the forms

And thank you for the responses

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Murph National Health Card! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
C national health card Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
Tailz National Health CARD Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS Veterans UK looking for new ways to help ease the pressure on the National Health Service and continue processing claims safely MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government creates new National Institute for Health Protection MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Putting the national, the health and service into NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Financial health notice to improve: National College for Advanced Transport and Infrastructure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Gold No.14 for LLWR at national health and safety awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National mental health programme between schools and NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How local and national government can work together to improve health and care MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Government appoints first National Adviser for LGBT Health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Dame Fiona Caldicott appointed as the first statutory National Data Guardian for Health and Social Care MoD News 0
BFRS NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS Nebosh national general certificate in health & safety The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
janner Proposed cuts to the National Health Service Diamond Lil's 1
S National Health Number Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS British Army trains Somali National Army Brigade headquarters MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Infrastructure Commission boosted by new appointments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation protects national security capability to fight serious crime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Looking ahead to National Inclusion Week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Week 2021 date announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Drivers urged to clean up their act as part of national clean MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK leads multi-national task group of warships above the Arctic Circle in demonstration of freedom of navigation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Digital Secretary launches National Data Strategy at London Tech Week's Global Leaders Innovation Summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Awards 2020 open for entries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Family Public Law Reform: National rollout of digital care and supervision applications resumes in September MoD News 0
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy - On This Day - Sir Thomas Sean Connery Was Born History 2
MoD_RSS Bumper weight of fish produced at Environment Agency’s National Fish Farm MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Huge boost to national testing study will offer new COVID-19 insights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has reappointed Jim Dixon and Perdita Hunt as Trustees of the National Heritage Memorial Fund. MoD News 0
C National Service and Special Branch query History 20
MoD_RSS Updates to the shielding programme on national and regional levels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rampling from Tripoli: national interest is key to saving Lebanon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Flood and coastal erosion: letter from Environment Secretary to National Infrastructure Commission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secretary of State appointments to National Park Authorities and AONB Conservation Boards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Capacity Market auction parameters: letter from BEIS to National Grid ESO, July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Drought Group - July 2020 statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CNC wins prestigious national award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary Statement on National Security Legislation in Hong Kong MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New members appointed to the National Crime Agency Remuneration Review Bodies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed John Mothersole as the England Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Kate Still as the Scotland Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Prime Minister's National Security Advisor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Data Guardian launches public consultation about the Caldicott Principles and Caldicott Guardians MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Capacity Market auction determination: letter from BEIS to National Grid ESO, June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Katie's national award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New protections for UK businesses key to national security and fight against coronavirus MoD News 0