NATIONAL FRONT BNF TO BE BANNED ???

wompingwillow said:
We live in a country of free speech we ban them because someone doesn't like their view we have to start banning all political parties because they don't preach what everyone wants to
Free speech is ok to a point, I think we should have it only so far.
eg. You can preach about your beliefs but when you start hate mongering and badmouthing the country and calling brother muslims to jihad against the UK then they should be imediately kicked out.
Harsh? No, can you imagine us getting away with it in their countries? You wouldn't get deported, well your corpse might.
You can practice free speech here for example, but there are rules, ie' you don't bad mouth the monarchy, That's ok, if you want to bad mouth them you do it at home not on the streets or TV pretty simple really.
Why the hell we let so called muslim clerics and/or the BNP say what they want with no retribution is beyond me.
I bullshit you not, I am really thankful I don't have to bring a child up in the UK, I really pity the way it is going.

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Womps - We simply need to apply the letter of the laws on spreading hate, etc across the board. Fanatical Muslims and BNP members would be a good start.

We should also consider building a large prison in which to house all these once they're convicted. They could then spend their time kicking feck out of each other rather than the general public who deserve much better.

SF

I LOVE THIS PAGE !!!! While all you old salts are whinging about the BNP & NF, this country is being over taken by aliens. When your kids want a job in a few years time there will not be any cause the aliens have under cut them. As for aliens not one of our three main political parties are run for us, cause every one has a jock at the tiller. BNP are not allowed to voice thier opions on the tele, but if you are a radical & have a pop at our homesecutary you get twelve mins prime time. Before you start to slang me down im off mixed race (welsh-english) not british. I have had my two mins on the soap box now over to lot.
LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA

RoofRat

War Hero
Foxy isn't that what Nazi Germany did to their dissidents?

We should also consider building a large prison in which to house all these once they're convicted.
I believe they called them,Concentration Camps?

There is a lot of sense in what Stephen sez too.
RoofRat

SILVER_FOX said:
Womps - We simply need to apply the letter of the laws on spreading hate, etc across the board. Fanatical Muslims and BNP members would be a good start.

We should also consider building a large prison in which to house all these once they're convicted. They could then spend their time kicking feck out of each other rather than the general public who deserve much better.

SF
It would be hypothetically desirable to ban hate speech and prosecute anyone for making it against anyone else, however in practice one person's hate speeech is another's legitimate religious beliefs. How do we define hatred for example? Suppose the BNP had the sense to rename themselves the Christian People's Party (CPP), given that it would fit with their manifesto claims - then they could not be prosecuted for racist speech because racist speech can be found in the OT (in Leviticus - which promotes different legal standards for different racial groups and prohibits mixed marriages) - they could simply cite scripture like Christian Voice or the Christian Institute. With the BNP renamed the CPP and the careful use of scripture to support their manifesto, they could legitimately promote their programme using human rights legislation to legitimise their freedom of religious liberty.

For a Muslim, the Christian assertion that Jesus is the Son of God is deeply offensive. It could be perceived as hateful since it imputes that God raped a virgin to produce an illegitimate son. Muslims could seek to have this claim outlawed as hate speech. Criticism of a religion could be deemed to be hate speech. For example when Newsnight examined the scandal of the church covering up the sexual abuse of children within it, the RCC boycotted cooperation with the BBC accusing it of anti-Catholic hatred, simply for examining the topic in depth. When the RCC has done the same on others, this is not considered to be hate. So we have to ask who decides what is hate speech? The real solution is to foster free speech for ALL and enshrine it in law. That means Christians can criticise gays without fear of prosecution. Gays can criticise Cristians ditto. Muslims can call upon Christians to cease blaspheming. Christians can, as in the USA freely publish offensive cartoons about Mohammed, etc.

Free speech - a legal Diamond Lil's - is preferable to censorship - we have too much of that already in the form of laws on slander, blasphemy, criminal libel, religious and racial hatred legislation, etc. What we must ensure is that ALL perspectives are represented in the media, not just those of the powerful.

andym

War Hero
Steven_Goward said:
this country is being over taken by aliens. When your kids want a job in a few years time there will not be any cause the aliens have under cut them. LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA

You mean wee little green men with 3 eyes on stalks???????

Latest Threads