Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

nation of bitches

Am I the only one who thinks we have become a nation of bitches??

Looking at news "headlines" etc- all we do is bitch about- the monarchy, the government, the armed forces, the weather, the opposite sex, bringing up kids - or on more meaningless levels - big brother, the latest fallen "celeb", the latest fashion(??!!) craze,

Is this what we're reduced too?

And yes I bitch too - but I'm now thinking............................... WHY??!!!

wet_blobby said:
Well I'm not a miserable cnut, a cnut yes, but a happy one. :thumright:

It was more the "Royal" we.

And by that Im not calling the monarchy a bunch of cnuts either. Though thats another debate.

And now, due to our PC-mad world of do-gooders and "you cant say that"- ers, Ive decided to get me coat.

is it more like a nation of people who expect somthing for nothing these days.... the young people of today all seem to think the world owes them somthing (((oh god im my grandma!!)))
we have become a nation of moaning minnies...its easier and faster now to let another do your work for you...and then have the bare-faced check to moan that you could have done it better ...

Wait until you get to my age ...you might have something to moan about then :thumright: ....like going to the mosque everyday or whenever they go :pukel: :biggrin:

people don't have to be miserable gits - this is it - not a rehearsal - it's life - your only chance (unless you are a religious thickie) go for it ... :w00t:

brazenhussy said:
Am I the only one who thinks we have become a nation of bitches??

Looking at news "headlines" etc- all we do is bitch about- the monarchy, the government, the armed forces, the weather, the opposite sex, bringing up kids - or on more meaningless levels - big brother, the latest fallen "celeb", the latest fashion(??!!) craze,

Is this what we're reduced too?

And yes I bitch too - but I'm now thinking............................... WHY??!!!

This is interesting although the word ' bitch ' may be a new one . In the ' mob , there was a perception that if Jack was grumbling everything was all right . In Oz the term ' whinging pommie ' soon rears its ugly head , although less these days . The question remains , why ? . Certainly there may be plenty to bitch about but there is always something good around . Maybe not enough sun or something in the water but despite any bitching UK always comes out on top . " It's being so cheerful that keeps us going ".

:thumright:

Sounds like things haven't changed much since I left! The Media provides what sells, if you buy the Sun, Mirror, Mail, Hello or subscribe to Sky, you pays your money etc. If people are daft enough to buy the s!@# because it's got the latest story about Wills or Posh or Paris then you can bet your bottom dollar that you'll get more of the same tomorrow, with more hype about the i-phone (Coming to a boarding party near you soon? -Watch this space). Stop buying it, discourage your family and friends from buying it and editorial policy may, don't hold your breath on this one, change.
Most of us in the West have it pretty damn good, thank you very much and if we stopped worrying about, getting the latest wide screen TV, Gaming console etc we might just be able to appreciate that.
NZB

We Brits are not happy 'til we're miserable, it doesn't matter what's out there, we'll moan.

Weather, Immigration, The Jocks not giving the English Independance, etc., etc., etc.