NAS Culdrose help please

hi im currently in the royal engineers(army) but have a 4 week work placement at culdrose as im looking at transfering just want to know how far the nearest train station is and what taxi prices are like. i am arriving this sunday will there be any transport laid on from the station

The nearest train station is my local town Redruth. You then have to get the connecting bus that goes to Culdrose. The train station is about 10 miles away from Helston/Culdrose

It's a fair distance by Taxi so it won't be cheap probably about £20 but don't quote me on that.

mark.dennis said:
hi im currently in the royal engineers(army) but have a 4 week work placement at culdrose as im looking at transfering just want to know how far the nearest train station is and what taxi prices are like. i am arriving this sunday will there be any transport laid on from the station
Think its Redruth!! PS no transport for pongos :wink: :wink: LOL You before me Tommo :oops:

mark.dennis said:
My friend has a a taxi company in Fal and i know she's pretty reasonable, although I will be roughly doing that journey tonight so as for prices I could give you an idea tomorrow- If i can remember that is! :D

Redruth to Culdrose has always been a pain in the arse. Navy used to run a bus service for the trainees. But that stopped years ago I'm led to believe.

Best thing is find someone else on the train and see if they are prepared to share a taxi. In the 70's it used to be £12. Add 30 years of inflation and you'll be close and see why you need to find some one to share the cost of a taxi.

mark.dennis said:
Watch out for the pointie heads after your non contaminated gene pool

copenhagencup

Lantern Swinger
Mark where are you traveling from, Lots of folk weekend up the line so may be able to get a lift from over the Tamar. Post where you are from and I will look for lifts at Culdrose tomorrow for you.

ex_rubberdagger said:
mark.dennis said:
Watch out for the pointie heads after your non contaminated gene pool
Nothing wrong with my gene pool - ta very much! :roll: