Naming Convention

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BillyNoMates, Jul 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If the Beckhams keep on knocking out sprogs, they may need a bit of help
    with names for future offspring. The more ridiculous - the better as this
    would seem to be the way ahead for those with more money than sense.
    Sons & Daughters - whichever....please add your suggestions below.

Let your brain run riot.

Darth Sasquatch Rin Tin Tin Beckham

2. On a slight tangent, this made me think of a gentleman from Liverpool who changed his name by Deed Poll when standing for election in 1979 to:

Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel

3. Phukie Offa Hood Beckham

4. Their daughter was born at Harper Seven.

I'll get my coat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wendy Galeblows Anita Isgood Beckham.
    Or
    Betty.

6. Jizzie Beckham (Jizz for short). Should be popular at school.

7. I went to school with two brothers named Merlin and Cosmo.

Fuck me we bullied those goofy stupid kids.

8. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer

Oldies but goodies are the kids from Glasgow, a wee girl called Pocahontas McGinty there is also a wee boy out there called Versace McClatchie.

When I get a dog I want to call it Queequeg, but my other half tells me not to be such a moron.

Presumably the recent deck_dash addition to the family was called 3_ ?

If they wanted to be really posh then they should have gone for a proper posh girls name like Bunty or Bunny.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I was always disappointed that Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher never married Human League frontman Phil Oakey...

In the meantime, if the Posh and Becks have another boy I hope they'll call it:

Ben Titlike Beckham

• Like Like x 4
  10. Whenever naming a child due consideration must be placed upon on how their initials will stand up to future scrutiny; both fore and aft of the surname.

Whilst this constrains the choice of forenames it does offer posters on this thread unlimited mischief.

Soooo - Over to those of you with an evil but fertile imagination. :pr:

BTW - I think the Beckhams may have chosen that ununusual middle name from that of the world famous goffer tycoon: 7-Up

11. What? Summat like:

Brian Ian Simon Harry Bertram Alfred Stewart Henry Bosworth Oliver Stephen Homer Beckham

(i.e.)

B.I.S.H.B.A.S.H.B.O.S.H. Beckham

12. I have served with a Michael Hunt but for some reason he preferred to be called Mickey and not Mike. Someone did yell his name out as Mike Hunt when he won at a certain shore establishments meat raffle, quite apt if you think about it.

13. 1981 Crosby bye election.

And Luton @ min 1:50

Or even better: Malcolm Peter Brian Telescope Adrian Umbrella Stand Jasper Wednesday (pops mouth twice) Stoatgobbler John Raw Vegetable (whinnying) Arthur Norman Michael (blows squeaker) Featherstone Smith (whistle) Northgot Edwards Harris (fires pistol, then 'whoop') Mason (chuff-chuff-chuff-chuff) Frampton Jones Fruitbat (laughs) (squeaker) Gilbert (sings) 'We'll keep a welcome in the' (three shots) Williams If I Could Walk That Way Jenkin (squeaker) Tiger-drawers Pratt Thompson (sings) 'Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head' Darcy Carter (horn) Pussycat (sings) 'Don't Sleep In The Subway' Barton Mainwaring (hoot, 'whoop') Smith @ min 3:50

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  14. If Isla Fisher had married Barry White, then when he snuffed it, she married Bryan Ferry......would she be known as....
    Isla White Ferry ?

15. I'm David Beckham, and Harper 7 was my idea.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I knew a Sergeant who was called Fuckingcuntface.

17. I work with a lad called..Wayne Kerr, and went to school with a biatch called, Eileen Over, where there parents pissed when they named them?

Oh and my granddad is called Cyril, thank god that didn't get passed down to me!!

18. Wayne Kerr went on to better things. First time I got sent for a Wayne Kerr Bridge I told the killick to fuck off, after the slapping I went and got one.
    http://www.waynekerrtest.eu/brochure/WKE Newsletter Issue 053 A4.pdf

• Like Like x 1
  19. I was with my dad some years ago when he went to purchase a rifle.
    When it came to the legal bit dad asked his name and he replied Hall. Albert.
    So why did the parents do it? Probably a fuckin matelot pissed.

20. Then there was the bloke that couldn't stay on his feet...........Alf Hall.

• Like Like x 1