Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

NAMET and equivalence

If the OP’s score went from 3:3 to 0:0 it suggests, strongly that he or she cracked GCSEs in both subjects while serving. The highest NAMET score attainable in a NAMET exam was 1:1.

Or was back in the day. My abacus needs its rails oiled.
I got a NAMET of 0 for engrish when I joined because I had the O level, when I finished mechs course my NAMET went to 0:0 without doing a maths GCE (or GCSE) as the BTEC maths level was equivalent, so not necessary to sit the GSCE to get 0:0.

If the OP’s score went from 3:3 to 0:0 it suggests, strongly that he or she cracked GCSEs in both subjects while serving. The highest NAMET score attainable in a NAMET exam was 1:1.

Or was back in the day. My abacus needs its rails oiled.
That was always my understanding.

I joined the RN FAA as an AEM and had NAMET 3:3
At Daedalus I took Maths and English GCE and passed both and my NAMET was changed to 0:0
I was then awarded SSAEM

became a pinky

I have spoken to the LT education officer at Drake yesterday who confirmed NAMET 0:0 = A-C grade GCSE in today’s world

What confused him was he understood if you took exams in service your NAMET would go to 1:1 and only if you took exams before entry tonservice would you get 0:0

I've just found my ET1 that must trump most things

You've found his phone number?

is

You'd better ring home then, @janner

Peeps joining with GCSE 'O' level in Maths and English were given the NAMET score of 0-0 , but still had to sit the exams ??.
Remember that. I had a classic 3-3 but reset it when I went crewman and upped it to 1-1. Guys that did proper udumukashun to go officer became 0-0 after passing their GCSE's.
No job has ever asked me to produce any documentary evidence of any of my formal quals, Naval and post Naval!!!! (There again, sweeping roads is an adqual in itself!!!!):p

Latest Threads