NAMET and equivalence

I joined the RN FAA as an AEM and had NAMET 3:3
At Daedalus I took Maths and English GCE and passed both and my NAMET was changed to 0:0
I was then awarded SSAEM

became a pinky

I have spoken to the LT education officer at Drake yesterday who confirmed NAMET 0:0 = A-C grade GCSE in today’s world

What confused him was he understood if you took exams in service your NAMET would go to 1:1 and only if you took exams before entry tonservice would you get 0:0

Peeps joining with GCSE 'O' level in Maths and English were given the NAMET score of 0-0 , but still had to sit the exams ??.
Remember that. I had a classic 3-3 but reset it when I went crewman and upped it to 1-1. Guys that did proper udumukashun to go officer became 0-0 after passing their GCSE's.
No job has ever asked me to produce any documentary evidence of any of my formal quals, Naval and post Naval!!!! (There again, sweeping roads is an adqual in itself!!!!):p

For the OP.

You say you have accepted a teacher training job in Cornwall. Is that training to be a teacher, or training teachers? Whichever, it would be useful to brush up on spelling and grammar - hang on, Cornwall? Please disregard last sentence.

Awarded?

Not only Latin.
Yes awarded - it’s funny to be picked up but this is better

AEM was the trade - aircraft engineering mechanic

SSAEM was awarded to those who made the grade to go artificer from Daedalus
Specially selected AEM

It came with accelerated advancement to LAEM
It allowed me to go Officer Potential at Heron

For the OP.

You say you have accepted a teacher training job in Cornwall. Is that training to be a teacher, or training teachers? Whichever, it would be useful to brush up on spelling and grammar - hang on, Cornwall? Please disregard last sentence.
See I knew you guys would see the light

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hermes_R12 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Lingyai The Quarterdeck 39