NAMET and equivalence

I left service in 1993. I took maths and English at HMS Daedalus and my namet went from 3:3 to 0:0
I have my navy documents sent through 3 weeks ago and it confirms NAMET 0:0

I have accepted a teacher training job in Cornwall and they have asked for my certificates for the Naval maths and English

They are happy to accept the NAMET score of 0:0 but they want something that shows what this score equates to

And I can not find anything online

Anyone have a document or can point me to something please otherwise I have to pay to sit 2 GCSE when I have a doctorate in medicine and a law degree ( bloody ridiculous )

I left service in 1993. I took maths and English at HMS Daedalus and my namet went from 3:3 to 0:0
I have my navy documents sent through 3 weeks ago and it confirms NAMET 0:0

I have accepted a teacher training job in Cornwall and they have asked for my certificates for the Naval maths and English

They are happy to accept the NAMET score of 0:0 but they want something that shows what this score equates to

And I can not find anything online

Anyone have a document or can point me to something please otherwise I have to pay to sit 2 GCSE when I have a doctorate in medicine and a law degree ( bloody ridiculous )
I would suggest speaking to the Learning and Development Centre at HMS Drake tomorrow. The number is 01752 555300.

Seadog

War Hero
NAMET 0:0 is the equivalent of a GCSE at grade C or better in Maths and English.
If the OP’s score went from 3:3 to 0:0 it suggests, strongly that he or she cracked GCSEs in both subjects while serving. The highest NAMET score attainable in a NAMET exam was 1:1.

Or was back in the day. My abacus needs its rails oiled.

If the OP’s score went from 3:3 to 0:0 it suggests, strongly that he or she cracked GCSEs in both subjects while serving. The highest NAMET score attainable in a NAMET exam was 1:1.

I got a NAMET of 0 for engrish when I joined because I had the O level, when I finished mechs course my NAMET went to 0:0 without doing a maths GCE (or GCSE) as the BTEC maths level was equivalent, so not necessary to sit the GSCE to get 0:0.

That was always my understanding.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hermes_R12 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Lingyai The Quarterdeck 39