Names that embarass

There is a piece of kit called a Wayne Kerr bridge, I also served with a Mike Hunt (gen dit) but preferred to be called Mickey for some reason!!

Joe_Fraser said:
I once knew a bloke called Gerald Dean !!!
Joe, do you remember CY Yeo, think his first name was Bob. Yeo Yeo. :)

I can also remember a WEM who was on the same LRC as myself at Royal Arthur. His name was Phil Enis. His name tally on his no 8's was a cracker.

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
brigham600 said:
I can also remember a WEM who was on the same LRC as myself at Royal Arthur. His name was Phil Enis. His name tally on his no 8's was a cracker.
I knew a Dave Ives who as a result of his name tape was universally known as "Muff".

jambosun

Lantern Swinger
I knew 2 guys at school called Andrew and Peter - nothing remarkable about that, but their surname was Ness so when the teacher called out the register it was "A.Ness" and "P.Ness".

Their parents must have hated them!

WreckerL said:
There is a piece of kit called a Wayne Kerr bridge, I also served with a Mike Hunt (gen dit) but preferred to be called Mickey for some reason!!
I relieved, (carefull), a Mike Hunt on 845 NAS years ago. He was very touchy about his name!

Back in the early 80s I remember a Wren Trappit that was assigned to the Reg office onboard HMS Kent. I mean, you couldn't make that name up. I believe quite a few of the ships company did trap it too...... :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Diamond Lil's 0
C The Quarterdeck 132
Fighting_Sailor Diamond Lil's 124