Names that embarass

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by thingy, Feb 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I didn't see POME Granite in there

2. I don't see anything droll about this thread; my real name is Wayne Kerr. :evil:

3. no that would be a beenzontoast at another matelot site!

4. There is a piece of kit called a Wayne Kerr bridge, I also served with a Mike Hunt (gen dit) but preferred to be called Mickey for some reason!!

5. I know a local farmer named Gayman. When he was born in those days it was meant to be happy.

6. I knew a baby Tiff on Fearless by that name back in the 80s. Can there be more than one???? 8O

7. A.W.Anchor :oops:

8. I once knew a bloke called Gerald Dean !!!

9. The local Catholic priest when I was growing up was Father Chris Moss...

10. Joe, do you remember CY Yeo, think his first name was Bob. Yeo Yeo. :)

I can also remember a WEM who was on the same LRC as myself at Royal Arthur. His name was Phil Enis. His name tally on his no 8's was a cracker.

11. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

I knew a Dave Ives who as a result of his name tape was universally known as "Muff".

12. I knew 2 guys at school called Andrew and Peter - nothing remarkable about that, but their surname was Ness so when the teacher called out the register it was "A.Ness" and "P.Ness".

Their parents must have hated them!

13. I relieved, (carefull), a Mike Hunt on 845 NAS years ago. He was very touchy about his name!

14. Once knew a bloke called Roger Shitz, and he was so embarrassed by his name that he changed it to Michael......

15. Many years ago, there was a Naval Stores clerk in Ensleigh called Theresa Green.

16. Back in the early 80s I remember a Wren Trappit that was assigned to the Reg office onboard HMS Kent. I mean, you couldn't make that name up. I believe quite a few of the ships company did trap it too...... :lol: