Name that sailboat competition

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by NorwayChris, Sep 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok guys/gels,NC has ordered a new sailboat and i would like to invite you lot to help me/us name it,here is the link with a pic of the sailbaot so do your best or worst and please no pervy suggestions :D

Ps The winner will recieve a prize
  2. How about Charon the Greek ferryboat skipper of Hades?

3. S.Y Oerlikon
  4. :wink: DIPPED IN 8) 8) ps Had a few Hols at Sunsail , Their bear boats on flottila, were not as good as yours!!!
  5. "Wobbley Coffee" and "Hall Carpet" for the rubber duck. Very nice looking piece of kit
  6. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

I asked a similar question last year in this thread - mine has been named "A l'eau, c'est l'heure" which will be appearing on the transom as soon as I get time to get to a sign-makers shop.

Currently making the most of the late summer here in Ontario with about another 6 weeks before it has to come out of the water and into winter storage.
  7. How about "Shy Talk".
  8. Just looked at it FlagWagger,theres some good names there and time will show,
  9. Just read that thread, the most outstanding name IMO is "Far Canal" :lol:
  10. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Vetoed by Mrs FW for my toy :)

11. Or "Paul kinnel" :D
  12. "Harry Threaders"
  13. "Sailbad the Sinner"
  14. Theres some brill ideas coming out for boat names,thanks and keep em coming 8)
  15. Queen Anne's Revenge.

Adventure Galley.

Royal Fortune.

The Revenge.

Adventure Prize.
  16. You and a load more guys on RR are very funny,i hope one day we can all meet up and get harry crappers , 8) :D
  17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Why not POGI
  18. Hadnt thought of that janner,thanks, 8)
  19. Did someone mention getting lashed?

My vote is to call it one-eye.
  20. There was a WW2 submarine called the Starfish, sister boat to the Snapper..gen dit. Bet the ships companies never admitted what boats they were on though 8O