Name that book?

Some time in the late 1980's I borrowed a book from a London library on the fall of Singapore and the chaos of evacuation and escape. Early in the book it described a Japanese tank venturing out onto the Causeway to inspect the damage caused when the British attempted to blow it up. The tank wa hit by ship's gun (I think) and completely disintegrated. The book itself was fairly old - maybe written in the 1960's and not terribly thick.

Can anyone identify the name of the book and the author?

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
Some time in the late 1980's I borrowed a book from a London library on the fall of Singapore and the chaos of evacuation and escape. Early in the book it described a Japanese tank venturing out onto the Causeway to inspect the damage caused when the British attempted to blow it up. The tank wa hit by ship's gun (I think) and completely disintegrated. The book itself was fairly old - maybe written in the 1960's and not terribly thick.

Can anyone identify the name of the book and the author?
I know of three:-
Sinister Twilight Noel Barber
Singapore Burning Colin Smith
The Battle for Singapore Peter Thompson

Not Singapore Twilight as I have a copy of that but have read both the others way back So I need to get copies of the others and reread. Thank you

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Joining the Royal Navy 2
WreckerL Diamond Lil's 37
H Nearest & Dearest 2