Name tapes

Tall_bloke

Lantern Swinger
Can anyone recommend a good place to get name tapes that can be sewn onto No4 shirts?
Tried a website I'd googled, only to receive 75 name tapes that were 5mm x 15mm. Great if I plan to sew my name tag into all my underpants!! :threaten:

why do the RN insist on name tapes. They look shit as people just make there own. And theres no need. Im in a regiment of 700 people and we dont need name tapes.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
danny said:
why do the RN insist on name tapes. They look shit as people just make there own. And theres no need. Im in a regiment of 700 people and we dont need name tapes.
Because BR 81 says so. And that's good enough for me... :roll:

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
danny said:
Which regt is that? I ask only because I seem to remember you asking a question about how many days sea service you would have to do to qualify for LSA....

silverfox said:
danny said:
Which regt is that? I ask only because I seem to remember you asking a question about how many days sea service you would have to do to qualify for LSA....
Danny is on loan SF, he is playing with Landrovers and things

silverfox said:
danny said:
CDO logs.

sgtpepperband said:
danny said:
Because BR 81 says so. And that's good enough for me... :roll:
Well maybe BR 81 should also state that they shoudnt be hand written in biro by a three legged spider and stitched on in the dark with one arm tied behind your back.
As thats how most of them look.

Tall_bloke

Lantern Swinger
Thanks for the advice everyone. Suppose I'd better go out and get some proper tapes now, instead of having to make do with writing DOROTHY on my 4's shirt in red lipstick. :w00t:

Well maybe BR 81 should also state that they shoudnt be hand written in biro by a three legged spider and stitched on in the dark with one arm tied behind your back.
As thats how most of them look.

Also make sure your oppo knows how the spell you surname before you ask him to write it on the shirt your wearing 5 minutes before you are reporting the fwd flat for Captains rounds

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 35
AuldYin Site Issues 3
Tartan_Terrier SCC and URNU 15