Name tapes

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Tall_bloke, Feb 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone recommend a good place to get name tapes that can be sewn onto No4 shirts?
    Tried a website I'd googled, only to receive 75 name tapes that were 5mm x 15mm. Great if I plan to sew my name tag into all my underpants!! :threaten:

2. If you can get to a base then the tailors there make them for you at a cost of 2-3 ickies each :thumright:

3. embroidered name tapes is where it's at

4. Or Cadet Direct.. (The amount of time I've suggested these guys I should be getting advertising commission)

5. I found it in a local shop which sold curtains, materials etc.

6. why do the RN insist on name tapes. They look shit as people just make there own. And theres no need. Im in a regiment of 700 people and we dont need name tapes.

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Because BR 81 says so. And that's good enough for me... :roll:

8. Zinc oxide tape (see an MA)
    Permanent marker (see a TS)

9. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Which regt is that? I ask only because I seem to remember you asking a question about how many days sea service you would have to do to qualify for LSA....

10. Danny is on loan SF, he is playing with Landrovers and things

11. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

12. CDO logs.

13. Well maybe BR 81 should also state that they shoudnt be hand written in biro by a three legged spider and stitched on in the dark with one arm tied behind your back.
    As thats how most of them look.

14. Thanks for the advice everyone. Suppose I'd better go out and get some proper tapes now, instead of having to make do with writing DOROTHY on my 4's shirt in red lipstick. :w00t:

15. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Nice clear lettering - see a doctor :)

16. Go straight onto boats,saves all that sowing and all you need to put on it is your Pit number !!

17. Well maybe BR 81 should also state that they shoudnt be hand written in biro by a three legged spider and stitched on in the dark with one arm tied behind your back.
    As thats how most of them look.

Also make sure your oppo knows how the spell you surname before you ask him to write it on the shirt your wearing 5 minutes before you are reporting the fwd flat for Captains rounds