Nailz

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by IB08, Aug 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cant one of the mods just block this mongs IP address and stop him from posting drivel? Perhaps then the lad might finally pull his life together and get a job in the real world rather than spending all day trolling on rumration.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Doubtless Good CO or Bad CO will do just that.

In the grand scheme of things however, contentious or antagonistic posts can actually enliven forums & stimulate contributions. Like 'em or loathe them, Norman, Hig & Nailz (who are each in invidual classes of their own & in no way comparable) certainly get people posting.

Alternatively people can stimulate interest by simply being downright amusing & intelligent with it - step forward MLP....

3. Did MLP pay you to say that Ninja? :D

4. I know a few people who no longer post here becaue of nails and co's incessant trolling. As one put it, 'RR's overun with nutters'.

Trolls can add a bit of amusement, but when they get out of hand a forum can die pretty quickly.

5. Potentially, potentially not. Factors to think about; easy to get round IP blocks, IP range blocks can cause collateral damage by blocking other legitimate users, similarly blocking a shared proxy has the potential to block other users.

the only way to really deal with trolls is not to feed them.

6. Hig in the same sentence as Norman and Nailz!!!!!! o_O

7. This, lookit lookit! Don't reply and they'll get bored. Of course, if they post in lil's then go to town, gloves are off and trolling can be amusing. I just object when they ruin Current Affairs or the serious topics.

8. Ignore them. Simples

9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

The Nato standard answer to any of his posts is,

FCUK OFF NAILS

[​IMG]

10. You'll be screaming much bigger compliments than that when I'm giving you the good news.

11. and what good news is that??

12. His thumb shoved up Ninja's Anarse probably...........ooooooo ello sailor!! 8) :wink:

13. Good News.

-Noun, informal

To provide a service, violent or sexual to a person.
    (a)To punch someone in the face.
    (b)To have sexual intercourse.

ie. (a)"If he keeps gobbing off I'll give him the good news"

"(b)I'd love to give her the good news.

Origin: RN/RM 1970-75

14. I am hoping that you meant B rather than A then! I don't want my face hurt.

15. B it is.

16. B for Bukkake??? :D :wink:

17. haha I now know what that means thanks to Norway Chris posting the Wiki entry. This forum is so informative.

18. If you turn him down it could be A

CPO's just aren't gentlemen nowadays....

19. Most men aren't gentlemen nowadays!

20. True, now wheres my scran and beer??? :wink: