NA(AH)

joe_145

Lantern Swinger
hi all... just out of curiosity, on the rn website on the careers page, in the aircraft handler section it says

"Any previous Fire Service or driving experience will be extremely useful."

I can understand the fire service experience...but just wondering where the driving experience comes into it??

Cheers in advance

joe_145 said:
ahhhh i see...makes sense now...thanks for the help
:roll: Also you will need to have considerable diving aptitude skills as well, and not have a surname of Vickers, but thats another story :lol:

You could also get your HGV & drive the current fire trucks, be a ships driver, drive the flight deck tractor or tractor driver on a squadron when ashore.

In the olden days, i drove a tractor for various squadrons ashore & on flight deck of Hermes & Invincible for 8 out of my 10 years.

joe_145

Lantern Swinger
chockhead819 said:
You could also get your HGV & drive the current fire trucks, be a ships driver, drive the flight deck tractor or tractor driver on a squadron when ashore.

In the olden days, i drove a tractor for various squadrons ashore & on flight deck of Hermes & Invincible for 8 out of my 10 years.
just so happens i have my hgv...am i also correct in thinking that handlers get trained up in aviation fire fighting?? or have i just imagined that?? how did you find the job chockhead??

haha..whoops..dont look down springs to mind scouse.

joe_145 said:
chockhead819 said:

just so happens i have my hgv...am i also correct in thinking that handlers get trained up in aviation fire fighting?? or have i just imagined that?? how did you find the job chockhead??

haha..whoops..dont look down springs to mind scouse.
You haven't imagined it - it's listed here in the Professional Training section:

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/upload/pdf/AW_RN_FAA_NA-AH_CPL3_CM_V2.pdf

Latest Threads