NA-AH Question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by james_whit2, Apr 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. do NA AH only work on carriers and land bases? because ive decided i want to be an NA-AH, but i would like to work on frigates and destroyers aswell
  2. :roll: :roll: Ive never seen a Chockhead on a ships flight, when we ranged and stowed the Parrafin pidgeon :roll: :roll:
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, as far as I'm aware, NA(AH)'s work on 'big' ships (above frigates & destroyers) or air stations.

A few have served in support of 3 Commando Brigade in Afghanistan in the Driver role.

Current waiting times to join are in excess of 3 years
  4. You forgot "Reggies Runner" :D
  5. They did go on frigates etc until the 70s, it was discussed again in the 80s that an AH should be part of a flight but the powers that said no, so its big ships full of fish heads & the delights of Culdrose or Yeovil.
  6. If you want to work on small ships flight then you would have to join as an A.E.T/ or A.E.M's when i knew them, NA(MET)/ metwren's , some of them get drafted to small ships or A/C CONTROLERS/ softies.
    Gone are the days when Handlers where on small ships.Think the last was back in the seventies when they were on the likes of the TIGER and the BLAKE.
  7. Tiger and Blake small ships!!! are you a septic
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

NA(MET) is no more, they're part of the Warfare (dabber) world nowadays.
  9. About time too, they were always a waste of space.
  10. James, PM me for any details regarding NA (AH) and I'll get back to asap mate