NA (AH) entry dates

italian101

Midshipman
Does anyone know how long the start date for NA(AH) at the moment from when your AFCO requested it?

I have just changed my application to NA(AH) this week but have already passed the psychometric, medical, fitness and interview a while ago. I have a mini interview this week (more of a formality than anything) just to show I know what the role consists of and to show I've not decided to change roles willy-nilly. My AFCO said he will request my start date straight after that. I applied in October 2019 and due to not living in the UK, Covid and a rather shitty first recruiter its been a quite a while now so I'm itching in my boots to get started.

Chris P

War Hero
Just a bit of encouragement from an old chockhead, keep at it, flight decks are exciting and dangerous places although with the advent of the modern cabs maybe not so much as before VTOL. Chocks are very technological pieces of kit so will require some high tech learning to master. :confused:;)

Aircraft Handlers volunteering to join?

When the Naval Airman Branch came into existence c. 1948 few wanted to be AH.
The cream became Phots-Rabbit firms flogging their photographs and Safety equipment competing with the sailmakers who were on their way out--but had sewing machines- repairing and tiddlying up Jacks pussers issued kit on their sewing machines. Not sure if the Met ratings could make anything on the side--but they were mostly honourable Wrens

buffersduffer

Lantern Swinger
Just a bit of encouragement from an old chockhead, keep at it, flight decks are exciting and dangerous places although with the advent of the modern cabs maybe not so much as before VTOL. Chocks are very technological pieces of kit so will require some high tech learning to master. :confused:;)
Well said, like chipping hammers, lethal in the wrong hands....

Chris P

War Hero
Aircraft Handlers volunteering to join?

When the Naval Airman Branch came into existence c. 1948 few wanted to be AH.
The cream became Phots-Rabbit firms flogging their photographs and Safety equipment competing with the sailmakers who were on their way out--but had sewing machines- repairing and tiddlying up Jacks pussers issued kit on their sewing machines. Not sure if the Met ratings could make anything on the side--but they were mostly honourable Wrens
We had met ratings living in the messes onboard - most definitely not of the Wren variety in my time.
Well said, like chipping hammers, lethal in the wrong hands....
Likewise with firesuities axes, but come in handy for shutting down windy hammer supply lines!!

Waspie

War Hero
We had met ratings living in the messes onboard - most definitely not of the Wren variety in my time.

Likewise with firesuities axes, but come in handy for shutting down windy hammer supply lines!!
Must admit I still have a axe from them far off days. Bloody useful at getting out embedded roots!!!! (Although Mrs W reckons it would be best suited to getting me out of bed in the mornings!!!!)

Latest Threads