N. News: Harriers Take Off from Ark Royal For The Last Time

Re: N. News: Harriers Take Off from Ark Royal For The Last T

So sad :cry: looks like the fat lady is singing. Thinking of that famous Quote "I counted them all out, and I counted them all back"
BBC correspondant Brian Hanrahan, carefully avoiding censorship whilst describing a Harrier sortie. :cry: No counting them back today!!!!! Brian, like you did on the Hermes in 82

Snow permitting i will drive up to Hamburg at the weekend to get a last look at her.

I gather that this was taken before the Harriers left. The pilot has put up a notice:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

Just for the record, so that it maybe quoted at appropriate recurrent junctures for the next decade & beyond:

"Pure Madness & complete folly by those who are anxious enough to blame their political predecessors, but blind enough to waste billions in aid to those who would never consider reciprocating loyalty in times of crisis"

Asst_Ed

Lantern Swinger
Joint_Force_Harrier said:
Last Jet off was a Cnuting Crab one (1(F) Squadron)!!!!

"Unfortunately an old squadron of mine!!!!"
Luckily the chap in the cockpit was FAA. :lol:

Of the four pilots on board, there was only one Crab.

On the bright side, when the Harriers get locked away somewhere, in a few hundred years when the Earth's population has been enslaved by dreadlocked, platform boot wearing aliens from a distant galaxy their downtrodden human slaves can use them to stage a rebellion and eventually overthrow the extra-terrestrial oppressors.