N. News: Harriers Take Off from Ark Royal For The Last Time

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Nov 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: N. News: Harriers Take Off from Ark Royal For The Last T

So sad :cry: looks like the fat lady is singing. Thinking of that famous Quote "I counted them all out, and I counted them all back"
    BBC correspondant Brian Hanrahan, carefully avoiding censorship whilst describing a Harrier sortie. :cry: No counting them back today!!!!! Brian, like you did on the Hermes in 82

2. Re: N. News: Harriers Take Off from Ark Royal For The Last T

Snow permitting i will drive up to Hamburg at the weekend to get a last look at her.

3. Re: N. News: Harriers Take Off from Ark Royal For The Last T

I gather that this was taken before the Harriers left. The pilot has put up a notice:

[​IMG]

4. Very sad news indeed.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: N. News: Harriers Take Off from Ark Royal For The Last T

Just for the record, so that it maybe quoted at appropriate recurrent junctures for the next decade & beyond:

"Pure Madness & complete folly by those who are anxious enough to blame their political predecessors, but blind enough to waste billions in aid to those who would never consider reciprocating loyalty in times of crisis"

6. Last Jet off was a Cnuting Crab one (1(F) Squadron)!!!!

"Unfortunately an old squadron of mine!!!!"

7. closet crab!!!!!

8. Luckily the chap in the cockpit was FAA. :lol:

Of the four pilots on board, there was only one Crab.

9. Re: N. News: Harriers Take Off from Ark Royal For The Last T

Not quite mate.

He's very young and very in the poo!

10. Re: N. News: Harriers Take Off from Ark Royal For The Last T

One for the Purest :wink: [​IMG]

11. Got the right hump last night, had a few beers and a tot and e mailed the CON-servatives and told them where to stick thier vote!!!

In hindsight, maybe a little bit hastey!!!

12. On the bright side, when the Harriers get locked away somewhere, in a few hundred years when the Earth's population has been enslaved by dreadlocked, platform boot wearing aliens from a distant galaxy their downtrodden human slaves can use them to stage a rebellion and eventually overthrow the extra-terrestrial oppressors.