N.I Card - Recruiting Test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by disaster_manager, Jun 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

I've got my RT on 23rd June and I've been told to bring a list of documents with me, including my National Insurance Card. The problem is that I cannot find it anywhere! Will I still be allowed to sit the test or is it a must that I have the card? If it helps, I do know my N.I number though.

Cheers

2. As long as you know your number it should be fine.

I lost mine before I joined the first time round and never had it since. So I never had for when I rejoined second time round

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

4. A pay statement will suffice as it has your NI number on it.

5. Wheres your AFCO?? cause i have mine on that date too :)

6. Mines at Middlesbrough mate. Just brushing with some revision now...

7. ah nice, how muc revision have you done for it??

WS2B

:)

8. Would a letter from the DWP with my NI number do? I have worked abroad a lot and studied a lot and only ever had one payslip and I sent that off to query an error on my tax. Got my RT on Friday.

9. Yeah, should do, I never had an NI card (apparently they don't even do them any more) but the letter from HMRC worked, so that should do

10. I got my number in November last year and it said they had stopped issuing cards in the letter.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  11. yup!! I tried to order a new one as I have lost mine also and they informed me they no long issue them to anyone

12. They are kind of pointless, they don't have a photo id on or anything, just a bit of plastic with your NINO on and all your official letters from HMRC or DWP have it on in anycase. Glad to see the Whitehall can save money getting rid of something non essential.